Cannot load saved game

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cannot load saved game

This has happened to me twice now. I tried to load my saved game, and I get a Windows error message reading:

"Datal0 Error

Datal0 operation System Error: CITY"

Then a Civ3 window pops up, saying:

"Load Error

ERROR READING FILE

C:\Games\Civilization 3\saves\xxxxx.SAV"

I'm not sure what to do. I've tried to load it several times, and one time I was able to but all of my cities had disappeared, and my mini-map was all black. The first time this happened, I was able to recover my game by trying an old Auto save game, but the second time none of them worked. It seemed to happen around 1630 AD, or when I went into the Industrial Age.

But now I can't get into my game at all I've tried reinstalling, and I have the latest patch. I don't know what else I can really do. Can anyone help?

k175

Did you make any alterations in the Editor? If you add a new building or unit, you won't be able to load your save game.

Comment

I don't THINK so... although I did look at the map at one point, but I was very careful not to save it, so I'm pretty sure I didn't. Possible cause, though, I suppose... anyone else?

Comment

Zip the save game and post it so someone else can test it on their system.

Secondly, is this only with a particular save file? Or is this happening with all of them? Did you try loading the autosave from that same turn and 5 turns back? Both have the same affect?

Some lamer ideas, try doing a thorough scandisk and then defrag, it may be a hdd issue (unlikely).

Comment

I'll try to post it up sometime... can I just attach it to one of these posts, or do I need to put it on the internet somewhere and link it here?

Anyway, the first time I got the problem, it was with my regular saved game, and it didn't work of course. So I went into the auto save games, and the first two of those didn't work also, but the third one did (there were five old auto saves). The second time it happened though, I had saved multiple copies of the same game and none of them worked, and none of the auto save games worked either, so I guess I must have gotten too far or something.

Comment

Do you have the patch installed?
            Creator of the Civ3MultiTool

Comment

Working...
            X