Problem in custom faction graphics

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Problem in custom faction graphics

I tried to use a new set of faction graphics, but they aren't working. I cut and pasted a set of bases from one networknode file into another in MS Photo Editor (which recognizes .PCX files). When I started up the game the new bases displayed, the background wasn't transparent. But the background wasn't magenta either - it was a medium blue (not Cyan)!

Any suggestions? I checked the color value of the magenta background, and it is 255,0,255 and the file is set to 256 colors.

Your PCX file must have the palette SMAC uses (from the palette.pcx file). Unfortunatelly uploading this palette directly into your file cause pink squares around your bases(grr... ).

But uploading this file (palette.zip, containing smac.pal) into your PCX solves your problems! Except that in your file you must make all your background colour the last colour of the palette (ie. pink), which means pcxs from AX must be altered do that instead of the blueish background pink is used.

--Nikola
    Attached Files
    ... This body holding me reminds me of my own mortality...
    ... Pain is an illusion...

Comment

Well, did it work?

From the lack of further questions - I'm guessing yes.

Comment

Actually, I solved the problem in a different fashion. Evidently the cut n' paste I did didn't respect the transparency, so I had to use a different program.

2 step process with only Windows:
        1. Open files in Paint, edit, save as .bmp or .jpg files.
        2. Open files in Imaging (or Photo Editor), save as .pcx. Bingo!

====================

Related Q:
        How many factions can I get? When I use the pull-down menus in SMAX selection screen, I am limited to 23 or so -- 7 original, 7 SMAX, and then 9 or 10 custom. If I add more to the alphax custom factions list, they don't appear!

Comment

AFAIK, the maximum number of custom factions in SMAX is 10.

Comment

Working...
          X