Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Paradox: WOW!

I just found EU2 yesterday.

And what a positive supprice I got when starting the game.
    The first startup-screen is on black bottom the text:

This game is dedicated to our fans - The EU2 crew

Seeing that alone convinced me that spending 45 euros was a good investment.
    (And that didn't cost Paradox money, but the received feelings are great)

Also in the manual I found a list of about 150 betatesters -> so the startup looks great. Then played the tutorials last night and they too are good, I could have hoped for a little more depth, but they are mainly for new players intended.
    A huge improvment still. Also the manual looks to be more of use this time.

Cann't wait to begin my first GC.
    (Unfourtanately that will have to wait for quite some time )
    Last edited by Jeje2; February 1, 2002, 05:49.

Dont forget to download the 1.02 Patch.
    The 1.03 patch will be out also in a few weeks
    EU questions? try here:-

http://www.europa-universalis.com/forum/

Comment

Does this mean it has been released throughout Europe?
      One day Canada will rule the world, and then we'll all be sorry.

Comment

Originally posted by uglyduck

Really? I haven't seen anything regarding this (though I may not have been paying attention). They give you any heads up on what's going to be in it?
        "Let us kill the English! Their concept of individual rights could undermine the power of our beloved tyrants!"

~Lisa as Jeanne d'Arc

Comment

That was straight from Johans mouth!

Yes, I know what it is supposed to contain. However Johan doesnt want it publised yet until testing is done - you never know something may not work properly and may need removing and inserting in another patch.
          However I can say that the 1750ish crash will be eliminated. At the moment there is a work-a-round for it on the forums. Some other instability/crashes are also fixed.

Comment

Originally posted by Sagacious Dolphin
            Does this mean it has been released throughout Europe?
            No - not yet. Scandinavia has a different publisher.
            UBI Soft are releasing in Europe in March. They will also be opening German and French Language forums and mirroring the Paradox English ones. Looks like they may be giving the game a push start publicity wise too........ that will be nice

Comment

I should stop asking that question, the answer is always depressing.
              One day Canada will rule the world, and then we'll all be sorry.

Comment

Oh blah.
                That'll make it 3 patches sitting on my desktop with no EU2 to go with them.
                Oh well. I'll live in hope.

Comment

Well, the fall gonna kill ya

Yeah,
                  played a couple of hours and already I see several problems
                  (I'll list here just a few - some I had reported about EU already)
                  1. The pause key. For a righthanded it is in the worong place. I really would like to define myself which key I bind to what. (Thus making space my pause)
                  2. I'm in control of when pause ends. (I hate it when closing a popup restars the clock - totally unacceptable)
                  3. Random events every year or so??? (Just way too damm freaking alot) Where can I adjust this? Once every ten yeras is about right IMHO, not this
                  4. Financial micromanagement still a pain. (Tried to have a zero every month in budjet -> thus ensuring maximun research. Totally impossible.)

Well, maybe I'll just wait for a few patches. (Damm I really liked EU a lot.)

Comment

Re: Well, the fall gonna kill ya

Originally posted by Jeje2
                    I'm in control of when pause ends. (I hate it when closing a popup restars the clock - totally unacceptable)
                    Change the message settings so none of them are "pop-up and pause"

Random events every year or so??? (Just way too damm freaking alot) Where can I adjust this? Once every ten yeras is about right IMHO, not this
                    I don't know about this... I never felt like I was geting too many events, I believe you can turn them off in the options before starting a game, though.

Financial micromanagement still a pain. (Tried to have a zero every month in budjet -> thus ensuring maximun research. Totally impossible.
                    I have no problem keeping it at a steady income of my choice. Being off by a ducat or two isn't going to change much, anyways.
                    Rethink Refuse Reduce Reuse

Do It Ourselves

Comment

However I can say that the 1750ish crash will be eliminated. At the moment there is a work-a-round for it on the forums. Some other instability/crashes are also fixed.

Sweet. That 1750's thing is a pain in the arse.
                      "Let us kill the English! Their concept of individual rights could undermine the power of our beloved tyrants!"

~Lisa as Jeanne d'Arc

Comment

That was straight from Johans mouth!

Yes, I know what it is supposed to contain. However Johan doesnt want it publised yet until testing is done - you never know something may not work properly and may need removing and inserting in another patch.
                        Good news indeed. Now just curious, will the game now allow for music from centirues other hten those defined in the game as yet?
                        *grumbles about work*

Comment

Re: Re: Well, the fall gonna kill ya

Originally posted by Osweld
                          Change the message settings so none of them are "pop-up and pause"
                          Ah, but I do want it to stop the game, so I use pop-up and pause. (btw. I have redifined my message setteings and have none plain pop-up options in use)

When the game pauses I do want to do something, so I should be the only one to unfreeze. (You see in peace I have 1min = 1year - when someone declares war on me a few seconds is a hell of a lot)

I don't know about this... I never felt like I was geting too many events, I believe you can turn them off in the options before starting a game, though.
                          Tried to find it with poor success. Remember that in EU you could turn it off, so were is it in EU2?

Comment

Originally posted by ravagon

Oh blah.
                            That'll make it 3 patches sitting on my desktop with no EU2 to go with them.
                            Oh well. I'll live in hope.
                            You and me both! I have the beta but everytime I reformat (every 2 or 3 months) it takes a couple of hours to update it again with all the graphical/map/event/leaders etc changes that have been issued. It just isnt worth it anymore - I am awaiting the UK version or the free one from Paradox - whichever comes first!
                            Incidentally you only ever need the latest patch. However I always keep them all. That way I can always revert if something goes wrong with a patch.
                            The 1.03 patch has now been sent to Strategy First.

Comment

Incidentally you only ever need the latest patch. However I always keep them all.

I've always wondered about that. How can the newest patches have the cumulative fixes, yet not be a much larger file?

~Lisa as Jeanne d'Arc

Comment

Working...
                              X