This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Signed.

I wont comment anything of substance at the moment, but since it's a guestbook I thought I'd sign it.

And one for the most stubborn alt civ project ever.

Comment

Well, this is simply one (if not the) most interesting project I've ever seen... If this game is one day finished, it'll definely enter my top5 games ever... I'm just afraid it dies because of demotivation... so, everybody who's in the devteam, please know you've a lot of fans ! Don't give up ! Such a game would have a really big impact on the civ gamers community...

Comment

Hi R1gm, Thanks for your words of support!
        Project Lead for The Clash of Civilizations
        A Unique civ-like game that will feature low micromanagement, great AI, and a Detailed Government model including internal power struggles. Demo 8 available Now! (go to D8 thread at top of forum).
        Check it out at the Clash Web Site and Forum right here at Apolyton!

Comment

Seems that nobody's bothered to say hello in quite a while, so: Hello! This is my first visit to this forum, and I hope I'm not too late! The "Clash Of Civs" project looks great, and I hope it continues. Good work, & good luck.
          "I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it." EB Hall, "Friends of Voltaire", 1906

Comment

Thanks for signing in! Things are not moving forward much at the moment, so there's not much to talk about. Hopefully it'll pick up in a bit.
            A Unique civ-like game that will feature low micromanagement, great AI, and a Detailed Government model including internal power struggles. Demo 8 available Now! (go to D8 thread at top of forum).

Comment

That would be great!

Sean.
              "Giving money and power to government is like giving whiskey and car keys to teenage boys."
              --P.J. O'Rourke

Comment

Well, I found Clash while looking at Civ-type games. I've been playing them for over 20 years now, and as we all know, the commercial developers have pretty much abandoned TBS.

I have so many ideas I'd like to do in a Civ, but finding time to do them is near-impossible. Clash incorporates some things I like, such as dealing with provinces instead of fixed-radius cities. Sadly, it seems the developers don't have much time either, as the current Demo (8.1) has been up for a years now. javascript:smilie('')

Comment

Yeah, we're pretty much dead in the water. Good luck on finding a good TBS fix!

Comment

Hi,

Dead in the water? Damn, I was looking forward to this thing, it would have been a thing of beauty. It's a shame of all the work already put in there.

I 'found' this project only a few months ago, and was immediately enthousiastic about it. The more I read about it, the more I wanted a final version of this - ultimate civ - game. The sophistication in it would have been unprecedented.

I can offer only graphical help. I just bought Bryce 6 for making tiles (for Call to Power 2 AE, but it'll work of course for any tile in any game) and can work pretty well with photoshop. Just drop me a mail if you guys can muster up the courage to take off where you stopped.

Greetz

Tellius
                    Only tyrants need worry about tyrant-killers

Comment

It's not entirely a question of courage. I cannot work on this project for the moment because of my current job contract. But then this may change in a few months. Now, with people more enthusiastic about civ IV, I am not sure whether it'll be worth spending time on Clash again.
                      Clash of Civilization team member
                      (a civ-like game whose goal is low micromanagement and good AI)
                      web site http://clash.apolyton.net/frame/index.shtml and forum here on apolyton)

Comment

Hi,

I can't think of a reason why Civ4 would take interest away from your project. When I read the post with the overview of goals you guys aim at, Clash will be one unique civ game, entirely different from what exists right now. The level of interaction with people (classes), political fractions etc is unprecedented.

Anyway, people will be looking for something new anyways in a few months, even Civ4 won't stay new and fresh forever.

Again, drop me a mail for any graphical work if you need someone.

Tellius
                        Only tyrants need worry about tyrant-killers

Comment

Thanks for the support and the offer to work on gfx Tellius. If some java coders show up to push things forward we'll get in touch.

Hi Laurent, hope that things are going well with you!

Comment

Working...
                          X