This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Clash forum guestbook v.2

Welcome to the Clash of Civilisations Forum!

Are you a lurker? Are you an inactive Team member? Are you the sort of person that keeps track of Clash development but is too busy or too timid or simply has nothing special to contribute?

This thread is for you then. Feel free to declare your presence and to make any short comments you like on our work here. Knowing of your attention and your support to the project is valuable for the Team.

While replying to this thread, please bear in mind that this thread is not fit for actual discussions on any topic and lenghty presentations of your ideas. These should be posted in the corresponding model threads. Thank you in advance for keeping this thread orderly, so that it won't end up looking like the old guestbook.
    "In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act."
    George Orwell

I think this qualifies for the guestbook, and I though the rest of the team deserved to see it too.

From a thread on Clash in the Help Wanted section of gamedev.net...

Baynah said:

"I'm not applying for anything, but I just have to say that your documentation, and really everything in general, is the most impressive I've ever seen to come from an online team. Phenominal work!"

So, Great job everyone!

Source: Clash Help Wanted Ad posted Feb 10.
    Project Lead for The Clash of Civilizations
    A Unique civ-like game that will feature low micromanagement, great AI, and a Detailed Government model including internal power struggles. Demo 8 available Now! (go to D8 thread at top of forum).
    Check it out at the Clash Web Site and Forum right here at Apolyton!

Comment

little introduction...

Hi mark and everyone else...

as your request.. i will introduce myself here...

I'm Gonzalo Bianchi, a 26 years old programer from Argentina.
      I apologize if some part of my english is not spelled or writed rigth, I made an intensive english course in oxford, but you can always learn something more in a new language.

i have 5 years experience in programing in C and i done some programing in C++, and I have develop some Java interface for web users, using oracle as a database in a client server model.

I'm looking for join a good work team for make a game... i was trying to make a game for myself, but i always get down because neither of the game i try was funny.. the only game i finish was a kind of galaxy programed in delphi (just want to learn how to use it.. and finish it..)

i know how to program with objects ( I work right now programing in VB6)..

My wife (even im not married) is waiting for a baby, that has to came out some of this day...

I work for the DGI (something like the IRS in USA), I made program for the people so they can pay their taxes (here almost every tax use a program) so you can download some of my work because is on the internet (I have to tell you that some of then are hard to use).

I have a lot of experience dealing with users interface.

if you have any question, regarding any subject of my experience, you can ask...

Bye.

Gonzalo

Comment

Hola Gonzalo

Te mando bienvenidos desde el otro lado del Rio!

Si podria poner tu mensaje en el thread

Programmer Capabilities and Interests List -- Add your info here!

lo agradecemos.

Saludos,

Jorgen

Comment

Here's a quick question:

where are the victory conditions?
          Tremble, foolish mortal, for I am the mighty SPEARMAN, and I shall destroy you where you stand!

Comment

Officially, the victory conditions are not decided yet. Victory conditions in the last demo is IIRC, to defeat all enemies. We will probably have multiple victory conditions. This topic has been dicussed in the past. Do a search in the forum (via the search feature off the VBB) and see what you can find.
            George Orwell

Comment

Another newbie

I'm taking a moment to express my excitement about this project and to assure the Team that they've gotten another playtester on their hands... One problem is that I won't be able to actually enjoy a demo until I get to my home computer (currently traveling... can only get on-line in cafes), which is another three months from today, but I can still provide my input and feedback as a player.

No programming skills to add though, sorry.

Comment

Hey Fosse:

Glad to hear it! We need input from as wide a group of players as possible to avoid "Small Gaming Company Syndrome". Sorry to hear you won't be able to hit the demos for a bit... c'est la vie.
                A Unique civ-like game that will feature low micromanagement, great AI, and a Detailed Government model including internal power struggles. Demo 8 available Now! (go to D8 thread at top of forum).

Comment

hi guys!

Since thursday, I have lost access to the internet from home, due to a mysterious bug which appeared after I installed a zip100 drive. It seems that my win98 registry is messed up for good and that I am due for a format.

I will try to keep up with any major clash developpment...
                  George Orwell

Comment

Hey Axi, sorry to hear about your computer problems. When you get the chance IIRC you never said exactly why you hated the D6 manual. Since the D7 manual will be getting going soon, I'd like to hear your comments on how it should be done. After all the suggestion, one clear change will be the presence of tutorials. Hopefully both in-manual and in-game. If you could comment on the manual in either the d6 thread or the manual thread I'd appreciate it.

Good luck with the comp. issues!

Mark

Comment

News from the PC front: I formatted my primary HD and reinstalled win98 but now my PC is in a worse mess. The casualties now include the sound card, the modem and the printer. I am expecting to get my hands on a winXP copy which might run better.

I am now posting from my faculty, browsing the internet for news on Palestine and Venezuela at the same time...

As for the manual, I will reply in the relevant thread.
                      George Orwell

Comment

Hi again, Mark!

Sorry I posted in that other thread... Seeing as how it was past 20 posts I thought it had to be off-topic already, keeping up with good 'Poly tradition. Hope this is better. Can't you nuke that post? Given the slow thread rotation here that embarassement will be with me for a long time otherwise...

Anyhow, I've now pursued your FAQ, downloaded all relevant files and will give it a spinn once this exceptional weather we're having here stops being an overpowering reason for my gf to claim I need to get a life. I'll get back to you with any thought that may result from trying it out.

Cheers!
                        "The number of political murders was a little under one million (800,000 - 900,000)." - chegitz guevara on the history of the USSR.
                        "I think the real figures probably are about a million or less." - David Irving on the number of Holocaust victims.

Comment

Signing in.

I don't see che around yet.
                          (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
                          (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
                          (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

Hi Urban Ranger,

Any luck yet on the web site updates? It will be good to get you guys working on the update, and see what you can come up with in terms of site improvements and/or redesign!

Thanks for taking it on.

Yeah, che and his alleged comp problems Don't wait too long for him for the first simple updates

Cya,

Mark

Comment

hey, im about to start the game design program at fullsail
                              i have a little experience programming java applets
                              i may have some interest to contribute some to your project

FullSail
                              Last edited by frosted; May 26, 2002, 21:09.

Comment

Working...
                              X