Armies Made Useful

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Armies Made Useful

I've been trying to fool around with getting my Armies to work as a stack movement solution and I've finally come up with something. First of all, I changed my Palace to a Small Wonder with the ability to build Armies right from the first. I was hoping that by having more Pentagon type buildings, I could increase the number of units it can hold, but it didn't work out that way.

So now what I'm planning on doing is having several versions of the Army throughout the game. The first I'm going to call Regiment and is available right away. It holds 4 units and the "Carries Foot Soldiers" flag will be enabled. I'm not sure where yet, but I'm going to use the Create Larger Armies flag in some early small wonder, maybe Heroic Epic. That will be a total of 5 units per Army for the first two eras.

Once I get Nationalism, I will have a new Army unit called the Battalion. This will hold 10 units, again only foot soldiers. With Replacable Parts there will be another Army, the final version, which will hold 15-20 units. I just finished a game where I had 12 units inside, and it doesn't look like there's any limit as to how many it can carry. The units just squeeze in together the same way that gold etc., does in the city view.
Working...
X