MAP: A standard earth map, with correct starting locations

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MAP: A standard earth map, with correct starting locations

This map is Soufie's world map, with correct starting locations for all 16 civs, modded slightly to include a few more resources, although playing with all 16 civs would leave a quite resource sparse map. It's probably best played with about 9 or 10 Civs.

Big thanks to Soufie and Gramphos for doing all the hard work.

Everything that you need should be in the .zip file.

Edit: (again)

Some of you have siad that you have problems downloading files, and what you get when you click to download is a dialogue box, that offers to save it as a document called "attatchement".

What you need to do is save the file as it's proper name (which is important when your unzipper reads the archive).

This file's proper name is: earth_standard_size_v1-04.zip

Rather than saving this as a document, you MUST also save it as a *.* which is one of the options in the drop-down menu underneath. (clikw where it says document, and the other option I got was *.* use that instead.

If this really doesn't work, I've put a copy on my webspace. This should work, it worked for me, but let me know if you still have problems. The address is below. I wouldn't recommend using it out of choice, download it from apolyton first, but this is an alternative if you really can't get it to work.

______________VERSION HISTORY _________________
    v1.02: uses version 1.02 of Gramphos' CPT utility to resolve issues where the number of Civs is less than 16.

v1.03: ...

v1.04: updated to use v1.04 of gramphos' CPT utility to resolve compatability issues with the v1.17f patch for the game.

Pingu:
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Pingu:; February 18, 2002, 06:10.

Every time I try to download this file, all I get is a useless file named "attachment"...

caralampio

Comment

bumpidy

Comment

when the dialogue box comes up to save the .zip file, specifically call it earth_standard_size.zip as the .zip file knows what it's meant to be called, so if your internet explorer goes and saves it as something else it won't like it.

This works for me when I had a similar problem, hope it sorts you out too.

Pingu:

Comment

Good work! I've been browsing for something like this ever since I tried playing Marla's huge world map with 16 civs.

Does anyone know how severe the delays are when playing 16 civs on a standard map? As compared to 8 civs on a huge map.

Comment

I'm way up to the late industrial era, and there's virtually no difference between having 8 and 16 civs on a standard map. The version of the map on my hard disk is up to version 5.0 which has some extensive changes yet again, so I'll post this in the near future.

Comment

You should cahnge the file to include v1.02 of CPT, as it fixes a bug when using less civs then 16 in the game.
              Creator of the Civ3MultiTool

Comment

Originally posted by copcartman
                Good work! I've been browsing for something like this ever since I tried playing Marla's huge world map with 16 civs.

Does anyone know how severe the delays are when playing 16 civs on a standard map? As compared to 8 civs on a huge map.
                Does Marla's map have the right starting locations for each civ? If so, where can I find it? Thanks.
                "I've spent more time posting than playing."

Comment

Originally posted by siredgar
                  Does Marla's map have the right starting locations for each civ? If so, where can I find it? Thanks.
                  Yes, http://apolyton.net/forums/showthrea...threadid=36212

Comment

I tried to download marlas map and winzip says it is not a valid archive. I changed the name and everything like I had to do to get this file.

Comment

Originally posted by fatboy76
                      I tried to download marlas map and winzip says it is not a valid archive. I changed the name and everything like I had to do to get this file.
                      Normally I'd say that you should tru at Civfanatics, but it seems to be down.

Comment

Right, I've tried to download the map as a test, and (using IE 5.something, it works fine on Netscape and Opera at work (Linux though so it should)).

What I get is a dialogue box, that offers to save it as a document called "attatchement".

What you need to do is save the file as it's proper name (which is important when your unzipper reads it's archive).

It's proper name is: earth_standard_size.zip

Rather than saving this as a document, y ou MUST also save it as a *.* which is one of the options in the drop-down menu underneath.

Hope this helps, well it will if you have the same problem as I did, and it sounds like it.

Cheers

Pingu:

Comment

HINT:

I said "I changed the name and everything like I had to do to get this file."

Nice try though brains.

Comment

OK I started a game using this map, although my own location was geographically correct, on turn 2 or 3 I bumped into the Aztecs sitting in England... I did not continue the game...

Comment

You didn't read the thread, did you?

You have to USE the save game editor...jeez

Comment

Working...
                              X