Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Has any body seen this before

I was searching throw the zfs files last night when I found this pic

and wondered what it was it does not seam to belong to call to power or ctp2

it looks like it is from ctp1 with the background but I haven’t seen it in the pics I downloaded of the ctp graphics and I wanted to know what is it a sprite activison left out a possible advance who knows here it is

sorry seams apolyton has a hard time showing it so I zipped the thing

i also found another which looks like a probe droid off starwars
    so if any body has a clue tell me
    Last edited by The Big Mc; January 24, 2002, 06:27.
    "Every time I learn something new it pushes some old stuff out of my brain" Homer Jay Simpson
    The BIG MC making ctp2 a much unsafer place.
    Visit the big mc’s website

and here it is
    Attached Files
    "Every time I learn something new it pushes some old stuff out of my brain" Homer Jay Simpson

Comment

I tried downloading the file at least 5 times (3 times from Uni, 2 times from home - using VNC ) but it's no good. Can you upload it to the ftp site (FTP: www.0catch.com, username: ctpmodmakers.0catch.com, password bl00drun)?
      Administrator of WePlayCiv -- Civ5 Info Centre | Forum | Gallery

Comment

DONE IT

its at

ctpmodmakers.0catch.com\locutos

Comment

Call me crazy but I can't find it Are you sure nothing went wrong during the upload?

Comment

i will try again

Comment

it's called help.rim

Comment

Aaaargh. Couldn't you have saved it as tga or something? I had to go through an awful lot of trouble to make it viewable. But anyway, I finally did that but now I'm stumped. I seem to vaguely recognize the pic but I can't quite place it. Maybe someone else knows? (To prevent others from having to go through the same horror as me, I just attached it as jpg )
                Attached Files

Comment

Hi I had an idea of making it into some kind of sprite

(if I get paint shop to work right nod nod )

Comment

Looks like the CtP2 Wormhole probe they never used maybe.
                    Concrete, Abstract, or Squoingy?
                    "I don't believe in giving scripting languages because the only additional power they give users is the power to create bugs." - Mike Breitkreutz, Firaxis

Comment

Well since I had the unfortunate experience of having to reinstall CTP2 not once, but twice last night..... (apparantly Morpheus does not like games running in the background and crashes my Windows XP hard. Screws up everything ) I believe that is a pic from the installation process. It's actually a pretty install process. It's funny how Activsion can spend so much detail to that along with moddability (good thing) and so little on balancing the game.

Comment

This picture is called in the zfs-file UPIP042L.rim. I screencaptured it from the Great Library a long time ago. It is the Orbital Laboratory. If you don't know if a pictures is used you can look it up in the uniticon.txt.

-Martin
                        Civ2 military advisor: "No complaints, Sir!"

Comment

D'oh! You're right of course, Marin. It's the plain old CtP2 Orbital Laboratory. I never get far enough in the game to see that one

Comment

There is also some other stuff that you never has seen in CTP2 you should examine the *.zfs files in your language graphics folder.

-Martin
                            Civ2 military advisor: "No complaints, Sir!"

Comment

Yep, I noticed. The CtP1 zfs files have some interesting things as well (but the default one is HUGE! and takes an eternity to load on my poor old P200)...

Edit: BTW, the CtP1 language folder zfs is (almost?) identical to the CtP2 one...

Comment

Working...
                              X