Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Attention MICHIGAN Players!! Lets play a game in the mitten.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Attention MICHIGAN Players!! Lets play a game in the mitten.

I found a pretty decent map of Michigan the other day. I've noticed several other players on here from Michigan, so I've been thinking we should set a game up. We can all start out in our hometowns and can style ourselves after our home cities.

Detroit vs. Flint vs. Lansing vs. Grand Rapids vs. Traverse City etc.

It'd be great to get a good Multiplayer game going in Michigan. See who is the best. The map includes Chicago and Wisconsin too, so if some players from Milwaukee or Green Bay or something what in, then sure.

Any takers?
    Captain of Team Apolyton - ISDG 2012

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Westland Michigan here. I'm in let me know when.

By the way are you from Washington DC or Michigan

Comment

I have lived my whole life in Holland, MI. I've just left for school to Washington, DC. I'm still a Michigander at heart.

Holland is SW of Grand Rapids on the lake, where is Westland?

Keep your eye on this forum. I have seen several others from Michigan, its just a matter of them being interested. If no one else posts here soon I'll start looking for people. I want to try for a full compliment. Or near to it.

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

Westland is a suburb of Detroit. I am very familiar with Holland. It is truly one of Michigan's little treasures.

Other Michigan players include
        - the Barbarian
        - Hawkhunter
        - Strategicking
        - NoviNomad

What size map is it and what settings do u usualy play. I prefer deity 1x1x or 2x1x.

Talk to you later

Comment

Diety or Emporer 1x1x works well for me.

You can view the map here:

and download it here:

The map is 70x140. Its rather big, but unless we've got someone out in the tip of the UP we can cut off much from western Wisconsin which takes up much of the map. I need to tweak the map a bit. The terrain is a bit too good, which is boring. Needs more forest. The creator of this map put tundra on the map to symbolize urban areas, that will of course be removed.

It is a good map and pretty accurate. Diety Dude, do you want to send those guys a PM?

Comment

I see them on the zone all the time so I will mention it to them.

Comment

Indeed The King is a proud Michigander!
              Warren michigan to be exact.
              DankMaster is from Ferndale.
              Hawk is from Flint.
              Deity_Dude is from Westland.
              Ozzy, from Holland.
              Thats 5 players right there. I would love to see the map and I think its a great idea.

Comment

Oh and Barbarian is fom Hazel park.
                That makes 6!

Comment

Originally posted by Deity Dude
                  What size map is it and what settings do u usualy play. I prefer deity 1x1x or 2x1x.
                  Talk to you later
                  Shame strate won't play deity or 1x1x

Comment

Its true, me, hawk, barb and dank play king 2 x 2.

Comment

How many of you live in/near Detroit?

If we are going to start in our hometowns it is going to be too damn crowded out on the East Side. Perhaps one start in Detroit, one in Flint. I'm all set out in Holland. But what about others?

And Ugh, if the majority of players like 2x2x King, then 2x2x King it is. But are the rest up for a game? I think this is a cool idea and i want it to work.

Comment

This map is huge.
                        Which is fine with me, but it must be 2 x 2 king on a board of this size.
                        Also, it needs some alterations for playability. I dont under stand why there is a huge artic area where Detriot is. 900,000 Detrioters dont live in no artic. It might be ugly, but it aint an artic. A better resource seed is also needed and better placed civs as well. other then that, its pretty damn nice.
                        Maybe some rules about growing first and waring later would be cool. If 6 players, we could even play a 3 team game. Like Detriot suburbs ( me and Dank) outer suburbs (Deity and Barb) and Northern Michigan (Ozzy and Hawk).

Comment

First controversy: settings. I never play 2x2x and that seems to be all some play here. Well in fact they are 2 different games. May be we should play 2 games one at each setting. 1 game = 2x2x king - 1 game = 1x1x deity.

Comment

Originally posted by StrategicKing2
                            This map is huge.
                            Which is fine with me, but it must be 2 x 2 king on a board of this size.
                            Also, it needs some alterations for playability. I dont under stand why there is a huge artic area where Detriot is. 900,000 Detrioters dont live in no artic. It might be ugly, but it aint an artic. A better resource seed is also needed and better placed civs as well. other then that, its pretty damn nice.
                            Maybe some rules about growing first and waring later would be cool. If 6 players, we could even play a 3 team game. Like Detriot suburbs ( me and Dank) outer suburbs (Deity and Barb) and Northern Michigan (Ozzy and Hawk).
                            Strat, read up, I believe I already explained the situation with the map. I've cut off a big chunk of Wisconsin and I've added more forest and cleared up the arctic. Pay attention! hehe.

And i'm not in Northern Michigan! West Michigan. I'm not sure about teams though.

Comment

Originally posted by Deity Dude
                              First controversy: settings. I never play 2x2x and that seems to be all some play here. Well in fact they are 2 different games. May be we should play 2 games one at each setting. 1 game = 2x2x king - 1 game = 1x1x deity.

I'm with you Deity. But I believe we should go majority rules. Unless people would be up for two games as DD suggests. I haven't played 2x2x in a while, and I don't care for it, but if thats what people want then I'd be willing to bend.

Comment

Working...
                              X