one-computer multi-player modpack

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• one-computer multi-player modpack

I downloaded the little "modpack" from Apolyton that's supposed to enable you to have more than one human player on one computer, but I can't figure out how it works. Anybody know?

i suppose u talk about Civ2Hack
    it change saved games files in order to enable
    multiplayer hotseat games (can change option Human/computer for each tribes of the saved game)

Comment

Right, Civ2Hack. How do you make it work? I unzipped it and clicked on its icon and got a screen that listed all the civilizations, plus barbarians, and had options for loading, saving, quitting, and "about" the program. I can click on the civilizations and they get checkmarked. I can "load" a game and it sort of appears in the filename line. But it doesn't seem to have any effect on the game. Can anyone explain?

Comment

There is a very nice civ 2 multiplayer program here... http://www.geocities.com/thecornmaster/games/games.htm
        I used it before I got MGE and it's awesome. Best for hotseat though. http://www.geocities.com/thecornmast...s/mpc2inst.zip is the file I think.

------------------
        "I'm too out of shape for a long fight so I'll have to kill you fast"
        Administrator of the CornEmpire Forum
        My Civ 2 Scenario Page.
        I AM CANADIAN!
        Gamecatcher: Multiplayer Civ 2 Democracy Game
        CornEmpire Owner/Operator
        Grand Minister: Dominion of the Balance & CornEmpire Software

Comment

-load a savegame in civ2hack
          -check the civilizations you want to play with
          -save
          -load the game in Civ2

That should do it.
          Civilization II: maps, guides, links, scenarios, patches and utilities (+ Civ2Tech and CivEngineer)

Comment

Mercator, that's what I've been doing, or trying. It all LOOKS as if it's working, but when I load the game to play, there's still only the one human player.

Thanks, Cornmaster, I downloaded your multiplayer program and I'll try it soon. BTW, what's hotseat?

Comment

Hotseat just means you can play with more players on one PC.
              At first glance there' nothing different, since you probably saved in the middle of your turn... But the next turn you'll be able to play each of the civs you selected. So say you play with the Romans and English, first you get to play the Romans, then the computer does his thing, then you get the English, then the computer controls the purple civ (if any) and then it's the next turn.
              Remember: say in the above example that you're playing the English turn, the computer will control the Romans for you. So if you contact the Romans, the AI does the negotiating for the Romans. And likewise if you're in you're Roman turn, the AI controls the English for the time being.
              Civilization II: maps, guides, links, scenarios, patches and utilities (+ Civ2Tech and CivEngineer)

Comment

One thing to watch for is the AI changing governments on you.
                The only thing that matters to me in a MP game is getting a good ally.Nothing else is as important.......Xin Yu

Comment

Working...
                X