West Point, ROTC and other wonders

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• West Point, ROTC and other wonders

I was just thinking, next time instead of having Sun Tzu's acadamy as a multi barracks tool, we oughta have West Point.

And another thing! In the modern age+, we caould have a "ROTC" improvement at cities with universities, allowing you to research weapon tech quicker.

comments?

------------------
    "You may not be interested in war, but war is interested in you"

"Soylant Green is people. PPPeeeoooppllleee!"
    Today, you are the waves of the Pacific, pushing ever eastward. You are the sequoias rising from the Sierra Nevada, defiant and enduring.

West point- Never!

Sandhurst has been churning out top class recruits and middle eastern leaders for a very long time now.
    "The free market is ugly and stupid, like going to the mall; the unfree market is just as ugly and just as stupid, except there is nothing in the mall and if you don't go there they shoot you." - P.J. O'Rourke

Comment

And, instead of Woman's Sufferage being free Police Stations, we should turn that over the Scotland Yard....
      *grumbles about work*

Comment

What about an "Apolyton" wonder? It would have the following effects:

1)Allows constuction of the "Ming" Unit. It may "ban" an enemy unit, removing it from the game for some turns.

2)You may now create an own wonder because Apolytoners are so imaginative...

3)You may "spam" an enemy civilization, forcing it to accept any offer you make. However, there is a risk of "post count reduction" that removes 20% of your gold.
        Wiio's First Law: Communication usually fails, except by accident.

Comment

And if you build the "Apolyton" wonder, you can also build the "Mao's Coffee Shop" wonder, which helps the wonder city generate 20 % more gold, but causes the city to be liable to occasional (every turn) disasters.
          *grumbles about work*

Comment

West Point, NEVER NEVER NEVER

------------------
            I have walked since the dawn of time and were ever I walk, death is sure to follow
            I have walked since the dawn of time and were ever I walk, death is sure to follow. As surely as night follows day.

Comment

What are West Point and ROTC?

Comment

Why not the KMA, Sandhurst or all those other military academies with more history than just WestPoint.
                Westpoint would be a bit late in the game I think .

------------------
                Adopt, Adapt and Improve
                Adopt, Adapt and Improve

Comment

West Point is a military academy in the United States
                  (Possibly a wonder...?)

ROTC is a millitary training organization
                  (Definitley NOT a wonder)
                  -->Visit CGN!
                  -->"Production! More Production! Production creates Wealth! Production creates more Jobs!"-Wendell Willkie -1944

Comment

Of course the grandfather of all military academies was von Moltke's in Prussia.
                    "Wait a minute..this isn''t FAUX dive, it's just a DIVE!"
                    "...Mangy dog staggering about, looking vainly for a place to die."
                    "sauna stories? There are no 'sauna stories'.. I mean.. sauna is sauna. You do by the laws of sauna." -P.

Comment

quote:

Originally posted by Dr.Oogkloot on 09-19-2000 02:27 PM
                      What are West Point and ROTC?

West Point is a military academy somewhere on the east coast of the US. It has been founded in the late 18th century and became the leading institute for educating officers in the US. The oldest military academy in modern european or western style is the "militaire academie", founded by prince Maurits van Oranje-Nassau inbetween 1595 and 1605 in Delft in the Netherlands. It was most of al meant to train sappers and engineers but officers were also trained there. Nowerdays it's a polytechnical university.
                      The idea of military academies isn't such a bad idea after all. After the development of Leadership it could enhance the strenght of the troops.
                      If lots of interesting features from Sid's Colonization could be integrated into Civ III, it would mean that you would have to built such an academy, or an add-on to a university in one or another city, so that soldiers could be upgraded there to officers.
                      I am strong protoganist of stacked armies. These armies do need sufficient coördination, so adding an officer-unit perhaps could be given the effect of strenghtening the army by 25 or 50% ?!

------------------

[This message has been edited by Vrank Prins (edited September 21, 2000).]
                      [This message has been edited by Vrank Prins (edited September 22, 2000).]

Comment

How about ROTC reducing the amount of money needed to rush build a unit. Maybe 10-45%

Another wonder oculd be something along the lines of the National Traning Center in the west somewhere. It would enhance the firepower and manuveribilty of mechinzed units.

Comment

Well, I always thought that the Corps of Cadets@ Texas A&M (I'm a bit biased, I go there and I'm in the Corps) turned out better officers. But West Point has a lot more History, and frankly a "Texas A&M" wonder lacks a sense of...being regal.

but better West Point than Sun Tzu!

------------------
                          "You may not be interested in war, but war is interested in you"

"Soylant Green is people. PPPeeeoooppllleee!"
                          Today, you are the waves of the Pacific, pushing ever eastward. You are the sequoias rising from the Sierra Nevada, defiant and enduring.

Comment

quote:

Originally posted by Gen. Thomas Jackson on 09-26-2000 04:24 PM
                            How about ROTC reducing the amount of money needed to rush build a unit. Maybe 10-45%

Another wonder oculd be something along the lines of the National Traning Center in the west somewhere. It would enhance the firepower and manuveribilty of mechinzed units.

West Point and ROTC isn't too much a wonder, they're just normal things.
                            Sun Tzu's Acadamic is ceitainly a better name for such a wonder.

==========================
                            www.forgiftable.com/

Artistic and hand-made ceramics found only at www.forgiftable.com.

Comment

I don't see the point of making West Point or ROTC military wonders. What's so wonderful about these two things? I suggest not to put any wonder that has strong US taste no it except the Manhattan Project.
                              That was really a wonder.

==========================
                              www.forgiftable.com/

Artistic and hand-made ceramics found only at www.forgiftable.com.

Comment

Working...
                              X