MOD: Civ3 - Unit-Mania - 40 plus extra Units

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Kristjan
    One most stupid question still -- I downloaded your patch, but that keeps my Civ crashing. I play with the original version, is your stuff for patched version?
    Can anybody tell which version of civ3 this patch is meant for? It keeps me crashing...

Comment

same here

I crash before I even get into the game.

version # would be awsome, I assumed it was for 1.16f, but I tried no patch, version 1.16f and then 1.17f, all the same, crashed before even getting ingame.

Comment

i couldnt get it to run properly on 1.17 either.

kestrel, do you have one tyhat works on lateste patch?
        eimi men anthropos pollon logon, mikras de sophias

Comment

Re: same here

Originally posted by Synthetik
          I crash before I even get into the game.

version # would be awsome, I assumed it was for 1.16f, but I tried no patch, version 1.16f and then 1.17f, all the same, crashed before even getting ingame.
          I play with no patches and I am able to begin the game, but it always crashes somewhere very soon. Reload does not help.

Comment

I'm not having problems with crashes - bic format is the same for version 1.16f and 1.17f

I assume that you are using the bic named civ3mod.bic dated 15-01-2002 ? (Do not use the bic named "civ3mod-Unit-Mania-0-21-Rome-Scout.bic" - it has a bug in it)

Note that I DO get a CIV3 abend error when I exit the game, but that is after I have saved the game I am playing etc.

Otherwise no problems for me with gameplay.

It may be that when you have unpacked the zip files the folders have not been created properly ?

Can I suggest that you check that all the relevant folders have been created in your \Art\Units folders ?

As an example - There should be a folder there called "Reservists" alongside all the others that Civ3 creates (such as "Horsemen" ). If not there it may have been created in a different folder inadvertently.

Also check the file PediaIcons.txt in \text - should have a date of 15-01-2002.

Also - if you have upgraded to the Civ3 Patch version 1.17f have you allowed the V1.17f Civilopedia to overwrite my Civilopedia ? Civilopedia txt - should have a date of 15-01-2002.

I have added the changes in that 1.17f Civilopedia (mostly spelling mistake corrections) to my Unit-Mabia V0.22 version , but haven't released it yet.

Failing that - if you are able to save a game, send me the saved file & I will try to investigate.

It doesn't help that when Civ3 crashes it doesn't provide meaningful (to me) diagnostics.

Is every one striking this problem or is it just a subset of users ?
            i.e. is there anyone else out there (besides me) that has been able to successfully been able to play & save games with this mod ?

Comment

Id love to be able to use your MOD, I get bored with the same units over and over again, lol, I edit my bic file, so that the units have dif charactoristics, but I didnt try that using your MOD, that was done with a fresh install of civ3, even removing the reg files.

Comment

when i installed unit mania after i had installed 1.17, the main screen still said 1.16 and 'ketrels unit mania mod' at the botom....
                eimi men anthropos pollon logon, mikras de sophias

Comment

New extra Animation zip file for use with V0.22 Beta

Part 7 - First half of New Cavalry FLC files from Dark Sheer
                  Last edited by Kestrel; March 11, 2002, 21:57.

Comment

New extra Animation zip file for use with V0.22 Beta

Part 8 - Second half of New Cavalry FLC files from Dark Sheer
                    Last edited by Kestrel; March 11, 2002, 21:57.

Comment

O.K. - Had another look last night and discovered at least one bug (which I have corrected in the V0-22 version now available - See First Post).

Basically any time the Player or AI tried to create the unit "Mongol Horseman" the game would crash.

Reason ? The "ini" file was spelt "MongolHorsmen.ini" instead of "Mongol Horsemen.ini" - That is - there was no space between the words in the file name. A trap for young modders.

Wouldn't it be nice if Civ3 was clever enough to say "Missing INI file - Terminating program" (FIRAXIS - HINT HINT)

Anyway , to answer a few of the other queries.

when i installed unit mania after i had installed 1.17, the main screen still said 1.16 and 'ketrels unit mania mod' at the botom....
                      That is controlled by the text file "Version.txt" - This has been updated in the 0.22 Beta available above.

At this rate I don't think I'll be adding any more units until I can make sure this version is stable, not causing crashes.

Although I am currently experimenting with an early maritime unit a "Canoe" (a sort of Sea-borne scout) using Dark Sheer's animation with stats Attack 0 Defense 0 Move 2 Cost 2 "Carry None" "Sink in Sea/Ocean" and available at the start of the game (no Tech prerequisite). ( Allows the player to explore their coastline prior to the discovery of Map-Making & availability of Galleys. Rationale - Primitive societies have been sailing canoes / rafts for the past 60,000 years, that's how Australia initially got populated by humans several tens of thousands of years ago - also speeds up the early discovery part of the game. )

If anyone does get a crash, can you note down what you tried to do immediately before the crash (e.g. Create a new units, initiate diplomacy screen, whatever) and that may help me to track down any more of these weird bugs.

Also if you have any saves immediately prior to crashes, send to me & I might then be able to duplicate the circumstances, identify & correct.

Cheers.

Comment

Version 0.30 Beta now available - a few extra units and Civ3 no longer seems to crash as it is exiting the modpack.

Suggestions, Comments still welcome.

Cheers.

Comment

Version 0.40 Beta now available - 2 more historically appropriate units available, updated / enhanced civilopedia and Units_32.pcx corrected.

Comment

Times New Roman Times New Roman
                            Hey, I tryed your Mod and unfortunately, I am having problems. I think it can be fixed, it's happened to me before. During the course of playing a game on your mod, I get an error message from windows saying all sorts of crap about it having to be quitted and so I just was wondering if you can tell me what the problem is so that I can fix it. Thanks a lot.

Blazin

Comment

Blazinwildfire ,

Can you give me a little more info as to what the error messages from windows / Civ3 say ?

Also at what point in the game does it occur - when you are about to build a unit ? when you try to look at a unit ? etc. etc. etc.

Do you have a copy of a save game prior to the crash/es that you could send me ?

Thanks.

Comment

Unit-Mania upgraded to Version 0.51

Converted bic to V1.21f format

Added "Saracen" (Flavour unit)
                                Added "Eastern Knight" (Flavour unit)

Added back in Bison (Buffalo) and Musk_Ox bonus resources from Civ2.

Added in new Strategic resource - Titanium - required for Stealth Aircraft and some spacecraft parts.

Available at http://www.users.bigpond.com/kestrel18/Civ3.htm

Comment

Working...
                                X