Colonization Mod

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Colonization Mod

I Don't have idea how someone could do this, but see Colonization running with the Civ 3 engine would be fantastic. I and a lot of people still play it, if someone knows someway to tweak Civ 3 to do this, I would help in all I can. I'm sure more people will help too.

Regards!

Re: Colonization Mod

Originally posted by millansoft
    I Don't have idea how someone could do this, but see Colonization running with the Civ 3 engine would be fantastic. I and a lot of people still play it, if someone knows someway to tweak Civ 3 to do this, I would help in all I can. I'm sure more people will help too.

Regards!
    Yeah I liked that game as well, though I don't play it anymore. I liked the way they handled the trading. To bad they didn't incorporate some of those ideas in Civ3. They don't have much in the way of industrial/economic improvements. An economy is more than just a marketplace.

Comment

I agree with you, that things in Colonization and some others details make it unique. I don't think that should be impossible to tweak Civ 3 to get a Colonization, Technology could be the founding fathers, instead of science, liberty bells... etc

Maybe I'm crazy, of course hehe

Comment

Good ideas, all around.

The one thing you'd need to re-create somehow is a relationship to the "old world".

Maybe a government switch is all that's needed to accomplish this. (the taxes etc. would work, but there would need to be military repercussions as well).

IMHO, Colonize was an amazing, overlooked and underrated game.

The alltime prize for that in the TBS universe goes to Master of Magic. If ever a game was begging for a sequel...

Age of Wonders was the "unofficial sequel". AOW2 looks like it will be amazing.

Comment

Hey! Colonization rocks! Note the present tense - I still play it!

In fact, it is such a good idea perhaps we could and demand some excellent game company make Colonization II.

Hey...what about Firaxis? Surely they can't fail to make everyone happy. Just look at SMAC...

Funny that... I can't remember what I've been doing the last 2 months... I'm sure it's nothing.. It'll come to me.

What's this manual lying on the floor, in a dusty corner? Civ3...

Oh NO!
          Consul.

Back to the ROOTS of addiction. My first missed poll!

Comment

You want a colonization feel? Then download and play my Betelgeuse map. It has 16 starting locations for civ's on one large continent... and none on the other large continent (standard-sized map).
            -Daryl
            Attached Files
            My words are backed by... Hey! Who stole my uranium??!!!

Comment

Working...
            X