Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Military Suppression of Defection doesn't work.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Military Suppression of Defection doesn't work.

I can verify in a recent Diety game that the "1 unit supresses 1 defector" rule doesn't work. Keep in mind that this is a fairly extreme case, but it's still frustrating.

I had just taken Thebes 2 turns ago. I was busily suppressing rebels so I could begin seriously oppressing the populace. The current population was 10, 1 of which was a resister, and I had 15 knights in the city. My overall culture was fairly low, and the Egyptians had a fairly high culture. I did, however, outnumber the populace 3:2.

The city defected back to the Egyptians. Poof, there goes my entire offensive force on a single die roll - which I believed was not a risk, since I had believed the "1 unit per population" rule of thumb.

Just a bit of information for those of you that might have been counting on this concept working.

- Gus

It would be useful and helpful if a certain Firaxian left the actual formula for reversion somewhere in these forums...
    I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

Working...
    X