Wedding Bells

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wedding Bells

For any who still remember the old League editor, I am finally taking the plunge, tying the knot, and all that good stuff, on January 11th, 2002. The date is set, the parents are flying in, and all the preparations are essentially done.

Needless to say, professor-dom and marriage have not exactly left me a lot of time for Civ, but I have a strong feeling that Sid Meier... er, Santa Claus I mean... has left me a gift under the tree this year that involves a manual and some CD's in a metal tin.

Happy holidays to all the Apolyton-ers, both present and past, and may your days be merry, your New Year sparkling, and the rest of your life be terrorist free.
    -Blackclove

Felicitazioni, felici feste, buon Anno Nuovo e una lunga vita matrimoniale... auguri e figli maschi!!!

Credo che per Civ non avrai tempo per un bel pezzo...
    "Io non volgo le spalle dinnanzi al nemico!!!" - il Conte di San Sebastiano al messo del comandante in capo, battaglia dell'Assietta
    "E' più facile far passare un cammello per la cruna di un ago che un pensiero nel cervello di Bush!!!" - Zelig
    "Live fire, and not cold steel, now resolve battles" - Marshall de Puysegur

Comment

Congratulations! And hang on to the reciept for that tin box under the tree. You may want to use it.
      Tecumseh's Village, Home of Fine Civilization Scenarios

www.tecumseh.150m.com

Comment

for Dr. Blackclove!
        for Civ3.
        Re-elect Bush!

Comment

Congratulations!
          'Arguing with anonymous strangers on the internet is a sucker's game because they almost always turn out to be - or to be indistinguishable from - self-righteous sixteen year olds possessing infinite amounts of free time.'
          - Neal Stephenson, Cryptonomicon

Comment

I recommend EU2.
            Blog | Civ2 Scenario League | leo.petr at gmail.com

Comment

Thanks, all! (E grazie tanto, tutti!!) The big day approaches fast, so it's not as if I've had a ton of time to play Civ III, but so far my experiences were:

* Tried "Monarch" level -- My Greeks founded their first city... their second city! We meet the evil Romans, and naturally our club guys attacked their city... only to hear the thwang of a catapult, followed by the steel of swords. Oops. We were destroyed about 10 minutes later, our last city crushed beneath the Roman Legions.

* Went back to "Chieftan" -- the Persians have turned the world green -- not with envy, but with Persian territory. We started on a continent with 4 other civs, three of which are now fiefdoms. We also went overseas and smashed the vile (and weak) English. I still haven't made it out of the middle ages, though!

I like it so far. Once I realized that the key to victory is to have a kick-butt economy and to conquer only those neighbors that are near enough to expend energy on, I am doing much better. I miss scenarios a lot, but the regular game is a nice one.
              -Blackclove

Comment

Well, since my post got lost here, I'd like to congratulate you again.
                Follow the masses!
                30,000 lemmings can't be wrong!

Comment

Congrats!

The only thing that I don't really like about Civ3 is that you must be a crazy ICSer to survive (though without so much overlapping). Its just that you lose a lot of the strategy in the mad rush to grab territory and build cities en masse...
                  *grumbles about work*

Comment

Originally posted by Stefan Härtel
                    Well, since my post got lost here, I'd like to congratulate you again.
                    Er, yes. Ditto for me.
                    Congrats.

Comment

Sigh. My post got lost too....anyways what I said was congrats, you rock, you're the man, I would vote for you if you wanted to take over the world, etc.

I also said that Civ 3 rocked, but I'm having second thoughts....in any case its worth trying!
                      I can throw a hundred pound walrus right through the wall!

Comment

mine was also eaten up by the server. Anyway... congrats Peter, any chance of you getting back to your true origins? People around desperately need ya

Comment

Happy wedding day, Dr Blackclove !!!!!
                          "Io non volgo le spalle dinnanzi al nemico!!!" - il Conte di San Sebastiano al messo del comandante in capo, battaglia dell'Assietta
                          "E' più facile far passare un cammello per la cruna di un ago che un pensiero nel cervello di Bush!!!" - Zelig
                          "Live fire, and not cold steel, now resolve battles" - Marshall de Puysegur

Comment

Hear, hear !!!!!

Comment

I don't think he's here today.
                              Tecumseh's Village, Home of Fine Civilization Scenarios

www.tecumseh.150m.com

Comment

Working...
                              X