Troubles playing BINK video files.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Troubles playing BINK video files.

I haven't had the chance to play the game, yet.
    My problem is that I am unable to launch it : it freezes when it starts playing those # BINK video files with 100% CPU resources in use (and not even the smallest entry in the event viewer), and the beginning (less than 1 second) of the sound track looping for a few seconds.
    I have tried everything mentioned in http://www.ina-support.com/faq/civ3_pc.asp, two cracks (one before installing the patch, the other one after (and why should I crack a game that I own?)), then I have downloaded the player at http://www.radgametools.com/, and I successfully reproduced the same problem in another context.
    Now, what I find very strange is that I have played Mechwarrior2 (which uses those bink files too) on the same computer without any trouble at all.
    I use an AMD750 with 256M, an NVidia GForce2MX, Creative SoundBlaster PCI512 (SB Live!), Win2KS sp2 with all the relevant hotfixes as of December the 1st, DirectX8.1, and a AOpen DVD and a Yamaha CD Writer (hence the so called "cracks").
    So does anyone have any information about how to play those files on Win2K ?
    Is there any command line option that would allow me to launch the game without having to see the animations, or to disable them completely ?

Season's greetings ;-)
    De biais si je peux, de front si je
    dois.

Read The Friendly Manual.

To quote the readme.txt: "If you experience movie performance problems on Windows 2000, replace the binkw32.dll in the folder you installed Civilization III into with the binkw32.dll located on the CD in the \Bink\Win2k folder."

There ya go!

Comment

I know one solution to handle the BIK videos issue. It can help play BIK video, edit BIK video, convert BIK to MP3, BIK to AVI, BIK to MP4, BIK to WMV, BIK to MOV, BIK to MPG, BIK to 3GP and more so as to enjoy and Play BIK anywhere and anytime. If you prefer, you can get it by typing "step by step guide to convert BIK to AVI, MP3, MP4, MOV, WMV" in Google to get it.

Comment

Hi guys, you can found free 3gp videos and get the 3gp download from this site, wish it help.
        Last edited by YukyOoi; September 27, 2015, 21:43.

Comment

Working...
        X