Civ 3 Unit FLCs to be converted Part 2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

any pics
    "Every time I learn something new it pushes some old stuff out of my brain" Homer Jay Simpson
    The BIG MC making ctp2 a much unsafer place.
    Visit the big mc’s website

Comment

do you see any?
      Concrete, Abstract, or Squoingy?
      "I don't believe in giving scripting languages because the only additional power they give users is the power to create bugs." - Mike Breitkreutz, Firaxis

Comment

civ3 bomber

sorry its late
        Attached Files
        Formerly known as "E" on Apolyton

See me at Civfanatics.com

Comment

destroyer graphics.

i'm only adding the run, death, attack graphics since IW said thats all you need
          Attached Files

Comment

rest
            Attached Files

Comment

cossack
              Attached Files

Comment

What ever happened to part 1 of this thread ???

P.S. Has there a fundamentalist unit made for civ3 by anyone ?
                As if it looked good would be a very worthy conversion for CtP2. Obviously cool for a mod that had Fundamentalism in it

SMIFFGIG
                Last edited by SMIFFGIG; September 9, 2002, 04:57.
                Oxygen should be considered a drug
                Tiberian Sun Retro
                My Mod for Tiberian Sun Webmaster of
                http://www.tiberiumsun.com

Comment

Just imagine the whole of the Civ3 units converted
                  Oxygen should be considered a drug
                  Tiberian Sun Retro
                  My Mod for Tiberian Sun Webmaster of
                  http://www.tiberiumsun.com

Comment

Part 1 is buried pretty deep but it has the same title. not sure ifthe links stil work. A lot of units I added to the website(s) that Locotus created. Civ3 units might still be on there.

It wouldbe nice to have a civ3 version of CTP2 but with CTP2 added units and differents terrains. I'm a crappy SLICer so I can only hope.

Comment

Originally posted by E
                      It wouldbe nice to have a civ3 version of CTP2 but with CTP2 added units and differents terrains. I'm a crappy SLICer so I can only hope.
                      Well, the only way this is ever gonna happen is when all Civ3 units are converted to CtP2 format and no SLIC is needed for that. Someone will simply have to take all these Civ3 graphics you posted and convert them to CtP2 sprites. All that's needed for that is a program like PSP or Photoshop and loads of free time...
                      Administrator of WePlayCiv -- Civ5 Info Centre | Forum | Gallery

Comment

If someone gets those files out of FLIC format (which crashes my simple graphics programs and is not recognised by my old version of Photoshop), I can try to make them into CTP2 sprites and tga's. I would at least try a few and see how fast I can go. So far I have only worked on 2D sprites (no animations), but as it all works the same it should be no trouble.

I may yet find some software to open the FLIC files, but it's slow going if it goes down every attempt.

And no need to recommend PC programs to do this, I work any graphics on my Mac (actually I run CTP2 on it as well, under emulation).

Marc aka Caran...

P.S.: Anyone know how to get at the original CTP and CTP2 tga files (not sure whethere they are stored. The same for CTP and CTP2 sprites (though a way to decompile them would be needed). It might be interesting to do some modifications to original files and thereby create additional sprites tga's.

Comment

Caranorn, you need the fanmade tool called FLICster (see the Civ3 section of the Apolyton Directory) to read the Civ3 files. FLICster can convert them to a readable format (bmp, IIRC). I doubt this works on a Mac though (unless you use the emulation here as well, but I'm not sure if/how that would work)...

Comment

Oh, and the TGA's of CtP are stored as RIMs in the ZFS files, which you can open and store as ZFS with Martin the Dane's unZFS tool (see CtP2 files section of the Apolyton Directory). Again, this tool is for the PC, not Mac...

Comment

Originally posted by Locutus
                              Caranorn, you need the fanmade tool called FLICster (see the Civ3 section of the Apolyton Directory) to read the Civ3 files. FLICster can convert them to a readable format (bmp, IIRC). I doubt this works on a Mac though (unless you use the emulation here as well, but I'm not sure if/how that would work)...
                              Not entirely true. FLIC is not a special Civ3 format as SPR is for CtP. FLICs are already a type of animation file. It is true that Civ3 uses modified versions of the normal FLIC files, but as these are more or less just headers (and/or) footers, any animation program should be able to open them as animations. As I explained above, I used JASC animation shop.
                              Concrete, Abstract, or Squoingy?
                              "I don't believe in giving scripting languages because the only additional power they give users is the power to create bugs." - Mike Breitkreutz, Firaxis

Comment

I have downloaded the programs from Apolyton now (obviously had not checked through all the recent files yet) and will take a look at them tommorrow and whether I can use them to get those flic files converted and work from there. But it's likely to be slow work under my PC emulation, if it turns out that way I am likely to drop it again.

And yes, the flc format exists and at least some of my software recognises it, but apparently it doesn't load and freezes my whole system.

The fact that the Civ3 images are smaller then what is required for CTP2 sprites and tgas is also a bad thing. This could get even worse if the images have to be cleaned up. Cleaning up a large image and then downscaling it can be done fast, the reverse is very slow and tedious work. And nothing guarantees that the ensuing sprites and tga's will look good in CTP2.

Marc aka Caran...

P.S.: Ah for the old days of Macintosh games;-) So much easier to get things going then. On the other hand issues of compatibility between versions of the same game were horible (I remember how my first mod of any kind was some CivII material for both Mac and PC version and half the users still had problems getting it to work). Now I'll just have to wait till I can afford to buy a PC (which will still need to be linked to my Mac as I definitelly can't afford a new set of Photoshop and my Mac is excelent at handling those types of files anyhow).

Comment

Working...
                                X