Mediterranean Sea Map (project)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mediterranean Sea Map (project)

Okay, I'll work on a map of the Mediterranean Sea now.
    I think it will be:
    Length=180
    Height=74

it will be a FLAT map (YES, it's possible !!! thanx to Gramphos !)

Distance horizontally and vertically will be respected which will give a "crushed" aspect to the map as tiles are diamonds and not squares.

For now, here's the map I think I'll do but I wonder if there's too much desert on it. We all know the AI has as secret mission to found as much cities as it can, thus, he'll put cities all over the desert.
    People are working on a way to not build cities in desert tiles, it will still be possible to build cities on flood plains, and it will still be possible to get desert ressources with colonies.

Anyway, give me your advice about what should be the better limit for the map (North, South, East and West).
    It will be great if you can help me.

Thanx
    Attached Files

That map looks OK area wise, the only terrain adjustment I would probably make would be to have a bit more 'city building' terrain around the Nile delta. But only for gameplay purposes.
    "Five hundred years of democracy and peace, and what has it produced? The Cuckoo Clock... goodbye Harold"

Comment

Maybe you could shift the map up north slightly... this would cut off a significant portion of the desert in Algeria, Libya, and Saudi Arabia.

Perhaps end it about where the map has the Libya label? (That way you should get the fertile areas of the Nile delta, but eliminate some of the desert)... any space added up north could show the Baltic Coast and maybe the South Coast of Britain... Eastern and Western borders look good... then this map could cover most of the area of the Roman Empire and a substanial portion of Alexander's Empire and still limit the desert a bit more.

Just my .01 cent ..... feel free to ask for change.

Comment

Working...
      X