Here is what i thought of adding to open civ.
1. All units built by a city will be supported by the national treasury.
2. This means that if your city is size 6 and produces 7 shields it will always produce 7 shields.(unless it grows)
3. Some specials will take certain techs before they become discovered, and they get used up and you can find new specials.
4. a coal special may produce 4 coal in one spot and 6 coal in another part of the map.
5. All specials like coal and iron will be added to the "civ storehouse".
6. Once steal making has been discovered you can make steel from iron and coal. But to make steel you will need to build the "Steel factory wonder" This wonder would represent all the steal mills in your country. This wonder is available to everyone.
7. You can buy and sell special goods, or manufactured goods(like steel) by setting a price and clicking sell. Other players then have the option of buying that good from you.
8. Each city will still have trade routes, but instead of moving a caravan around, you will just select the destination city that you want to trade with. If the city is 6 squares, the trade route becomes active in 6 turns.
9. Wonder helping caravans will be another unit.
10. Units away from the city in dem will triple the cost of the unit, in rep it will be double.
11. Cannons etc will have ranged attack.
12. Lots of charts and info!
Anyone got any other ideas?
Originally posted by markusf on 05-28-2000 03:20 PM
(From the email) I posted some ideas on apolyton, but no one seems to be replying
You could copy these to the alternative civilizations forum, to trade thread. It would be good to have all discuss in one place. In addition, it is found more easily.
I think all these should be added in a way or another. Perhaps the mention about the shields should not be there, since we will not use them. About the steel wonder, I'm not sure... It's true that making steel is difficult, and when it was discovered, it changed the world... hmmm. Actually it starts to sound like a good idea. Check the wonders thoughts in the Building Projects thread (in the Alternate Civs forum). Steel Factory could be a national project, and when it has been built, any city with factory could produce steel.
As I said let's continue this discussion in the appropriate thread. Your ideas are good. And about lots of charts and info, that would be a good thing. Of course optional, but still. I like it.
[This message has been edited by amjayee (edited May 29, 2000).]