Over Population and Civil Disorder?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Over Population and Civil Disorder?

What can you do if your cities are in Civil Disorder because of over population? One of my cities has a "12" by it and people are complaining about overpopulation. I tried garrisoning a few troops in there but it did nothing, and the city has direct acess to fure. When I go turn the workers into entertainers only one of them can be changed. What shold I go?

It's not so much overpopulation. It's that every person in the city created after the nth one is unhappy and you have to make them happy somehow. It depends on your level where that starts. So in a city of 12 you will have some people who are unhappy just because they are unhappy. You build improvements, use garrisons (there's a limit of 2 on despotism, FYI), get wonders, acquire luxuries, and so forth to make them happy.

Comment

Having the fur in the city radius means nothing. Luxuries give happiness to all cities equally. If you go to the city view you'll see a little box w/ all the luxuries you have and they'll have little smiley faces next to them. How many do you have and how many smiles does it give? Try to trade and get as many as you can. The more you have, the more people each additional one makes happy. Eg, I think the first 3 make one person happy per lux, the next couple make 2 people per lux, after that it's 3 per lux. If you had every lux there is, you'd likely have very few happiness problems except for extreme war weariness.

Also, you say you're garrisoning, but you don't say what gov't you're under. It doesn't work in Republic/Democracy.

If you want to make additional entertainers, you have to take them off of a tile that's being produced.

e

Comment

If your civ has access to a bunch of different luxeries, market places can be the best bang for your bunch in terms of making a city happy. Without a marketplace, it is 1 for every luxery that you have access to. With a marketplace the amount of smiley faces increases. for example the third and fourth luxery are worth 2 each. The fifth and sixth luxery are worth 3 each. As you can see those smiley faces can add up quick if you are lucky enough to have access to a bunch of luxeries.

Comment

Working...
        X