divide by zero error

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• divide by zero error

I hate bugs!!!! Anyway, i have been playing the game since i got it, and up until today i have had no problems. i thought i was one of the lucky ones. never had a problem with any of the mods everything was working fine. but today everything went wrong. started up civ3 everything started fine, got to the main menu. tried starting a saved game and as soon as i clicked on the load saved game button i recieved a divide by zero error. tried again after reloading the game and the font had changed. also the words at the bottom of the screen were scrambled. i tried starting a new game but can't get by the map screen. i reinstalled civ3 and rebooted the system. same result. i reinstalled my video drivers and monitor drivers, still no luck. i don't get it, why did it work for a month and suddenly stop working. i've tried the refresh rate registry fix, still nothing. i tried deleting all but 75 of my fonts, still nothing. somebody please help!!!!! im running a PIII 800, 256MB, Voodoo3 2000 PCI card, Hansol monitor, WinME. I miss my civ3......somebody......please....help.....

The save game itself is probably corrupted. Try opening another save game file, preferably from a different game. If that doesn't work I don't know what to tell you unless you updated windows or something.
    A thing either is what it appears to be; or it is not, but yet appears to be; or it is, but does not appear to be; or it is not, and does not appear to be.--Epictitus

Comment

Inverse indeed. Good heavens. You mean before you tried loading a different save game, you did all that? Fascinating.
      "Entia non sunt multiplicanda praeter necessitatum." — William of Ockham

Comment

i tried starting a new game
        This would negate the sarsascm of the previous two posts, jes?
        Orange and Tangerine Juice. More mellow than an orange, more orangy than a tangerine. It's alot like me, but without all the pulp.

~~ Shamelessly stolen from someone with talent.

Comment

You're right. I missed that. My apologies to inverselogic.
          "Entia non sunt multiplicanda praeter necessitatum." — William of Ockham

Comment

....curious....

hmmm.....it works now.....odd. i started it up this morning and it works. i think it was a combination of too many fonts and incomaptible video card. this stupid 3dfx card is moody. sometimes i'll go for weeks with no problems on my system, and then suddenly some games wont work. two weeks ago i booted up my system and once windows started to load my monitor would go to stand-by. that was very frustrating. anyway enough of this ranting, i just wanted to update the thread since my game works....for now....

Comment

Working...
            X