Civil disorder warning

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Civil disorder warning

It would be very nice if the game warned you when a city was about to go into civil disorder. A simple check upon city growth and a popup would suffice.

I agree.

I also think there should be more foreshadowing if you're going to lose a city to cultural assimilation.

ER

Comment

i agree, a better visual cue would be appreciated. although did anyone here try the city governors?

You can set the governor to "Manage citizen moods". The governor will then automatically set the proper amount of entertainers the turn before there is a civil disorder - because if you noticed, the unhappy citizen will appear on the turn before there is a disorder.

One exclusion is civil disorder caused by war weariness, or when it's forced on you by the game - you will be able to tell the difference because your city will have no unhappy, or just a few, and still go in disorder. That is inevitable.

Comment

In my experience, the "manage citizen moods" governor fixed unhappiness the turn after disorder -- thus, my cities are in disorder for one turn. Not much help.

Comment

that's very odd ChrisShaffer. I've played to many games and it's saved me from one turn of lost production all the time.

You can do a quick test actually. Start a new game and set the governor to manage moods. Within a few turns as your city grows (given it does not have a temple/luxurie/guarrisson) depending on your difficulty level one citizen will turn unhappy. With the manage mood on, the turn the citizen turns unhappy, the governor will transform the unhappy laborer to a entertainer.

if you have also manage production on along with manage mood, and you decide to shift around the production manually, your advisor will ask you if you really want to disable the governor. Disabling the governor production also disables the manage moods, so maybe this is your problem.

Comment

Working...
          X