Create scenarios

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Create scenarios

Well I posted a thread earlier, and I wondered why no one answered!

Well I try again, why cant I put cities around on map in the editor???? I want to do it!!!

Well, I haven't tried to use the editor myself, but I don't think you can do that yet, not until they add stuff to the editor in a patch. I would ask the people over in the creation forum, they should know for sure.

-quinalla
    Jacob's Law "To err is human: to blame it on someone else is even more human."

Comment

If you were able to put cities on the map, you might be tempted to make a scenario publically available. Since this illegal (as decided by Infogrames) you would make yourself vulnerable to paying their lawyer fees for sending you correspondence as well as opening yourself up for punitive damages, in case they were at some point in the future going to make a scenario similar to the one you've made.

So really, they're just protecting you from yourself.

Cheers,

Dr. Charm

Comment

That's the reason? Because actually scenarios are copyrighted by them? That's downright gay.
        I suppose that they MIGHT make a scenario for us in the future is the bright side of this . . . though not much of one.
        I was really looking forward to making a scenario based on the new world orders of the book Ninteen Eighty-Four by George Orwell with new government types ('INGSOC', 'Neo-Bolshevism' and 'Obliberation of the Self' for those who've read it). I know I can just make it so I can play a standard game, but I really wanted to take the world maps and place all the cities on it for the three superpowers.
        But oh well, it won't be because Infogrames won't let us . . . they better not try and charge us for these scenarios they MIGHT make in the future
        You sunk my Scrableship!

Comment

For the record, I was half-joking, but since that's the literal interpretation of Infograme's statement, I guess it's not really that funny.

Cheers,

Dr. Charm

Comment

You can still make mods and scenarios. One thing to note that the legal action the Infograms did was only in Germany, and no court rulling was ever made, and thus would not having any bearing on any law suits that Infograms might bring to the courts in other countries and even in Germany. I also think that they relize that if they tried to stop someone forming making a mod or scenario that they would not win in court and they would suffer so much bad PR that they would most likely go out of bussness. So make your scenario if you want. I think that people are just saying that beacause they are mad at what inforgrams did. The real reason why there are no scenarios and that you can't make one is that the editor that comes with the game does not let you place cities or units on the map, but I think that they will fix that in the next patch or if not then in the next patch for sure.
            Donate to the American Red Cross.
            Computer Science or Engineering Student? Compete in the Microsoft Imagine Cup today!.

Comment

Working...
            X