Selling granaries ...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Selling granaries ...

... how does one sell all of them? In my game I've only been able to sell two. On the others, the option to sell is not there and I have the Pyramids wonder.
    'Meddle not in the affairs of dragons
    For thou art crunchy
    And go well with ketchup.'

You can only sell improvements that you've built, not ones that come as a benefit from a wonder.

The wonders that provide improvements (and the improvements) are listed below:

The Pyramids (Granaries)
    Sun Tzu's Art of War (Barracks)
    The Hoover Dam (Hydro Plants)

I've changed my civ to include the following:
    Magellen's Voyage (Harbors)
    The Great Library (Libraries)
    Longevity (Aquaducts)
    DarkMatter

As soon as men decide that all means are permitted to fight an evil, then their good becomes indistinguishable from the evil that they set out to destroy.
    -Christopher Dawson, The Judgment of Nations, 1942

Comment

Du'oh!

In CivII - if you built the Pyramids - Granaries disappeared from the City Improvement list and only Granaries that you built prior to the Wonder were shown. That is - you got the benefit without the actual bldg.

I did not realize that an actual Granary was placed in one's city when Pyramids was built.

Which begs the question:

Do you pay maintenence on Wonder-constructed improvements?

'Meddle not in the affairs of dragons
      For thou art crunchy
      And go well with ketchup.'

Comment

Luckily you do not pay maintenance for Wonder-installed improvements. You can see than on the city screen. In the left hand lower part are the pictures of everything build in this city. Next to every building there is its culture value (if it has any) depicted in note signs AND the cost of maintenance for that building. Maintenance looks like red coins - just like the cash lost to corruption. Those improvements which result from Wonders do not have this maintenance icon. This definately means zero maintenance costs because when you buil "Smith Trading Co" wonder, that eliminates maintenance costs for markets, banks and such - maintenance icons also disappear from mentioned improvements

Comment

Working...
        X