Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

do Barbarians appear on "unseen" (dark) land or "unexplored" (black) land ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• do Barbarians appear on "unseen" (dark) land or "unexplored" (black) land ?

?
    xane

I definitely have seen barbarians appear on "unseen" land that I discoverd before but didn't "visit" for a while.
    Don't panic - Just count to ten, THEN panic!

Comment

I've certainly had a new barbarian encampment appear in land that was explored but in fog of war (dark rather than black, to use your definitions). From this i'm assuming that as long as the land can't currently be seen by any of the players, it can be either. I also think if you destroy an encampment, the new one appears as near as possible to the old one.

Comment

They appear in both.

And yes, when you destroy an encampment, a new one will appear near that old one sometime in the future. This is another reason to make sure you cover your continent from corner to corner with cities.

Comment

Originally posted by Travathian
          And yes, when you destroy an encampment, a new one will appear near that old one sometime in the future. This is another reason to make sure you cover your continent from corner to corner with cities.
          But if you want to have a steady source of upgrades, you may want to let the Barbarians continue to send units toward you. Just beware of the Barbarian hordes that spring up at some point. They will send ten or twelve horsement at you, but fortunately they are not very strong. Just be sure you have some spearmen protecting your workers in your borderlands.

Comment

Any tile that is currently unseen and sufficient distance from any city (about 4 tiles) can spawn an encampment.
            To doubt everything or to believe everything are two equally convenient solutions; both dispense with the necessity of reflection.
            H.Poincaré

Comment

Working...
            X