No announcement yet.

LEADERHEAD: Napolean - Viva la France!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LEADERHEAD: Napolean - Viva la France!

Hi everybody, I'm new here. I made this mod mostly for my own benefit, but I decided that some people might be interested. It changes Jean d'Arcs portrait to Napoleon's. Only the graphics are changed; you'll need to edit civ3mod.bic on your own (everyone is using a modified version anyway, so it would be pointless for me to include one). The pictures are nowhere near Firaxis' Quality; this mod was primarily made for my own benefit, so don't expect anything great. In the diplomacy screen, the picture is pretty much a static image, with very slight changes in Napoleon's facial features depending on his mood. These files have not been extensively tested, so use them at your own risk. Feel free to e-mail me if you encounter any problems, however.

So, there you have it. Now, you can play against Napoleon Bonaparte; more importantly, you can now use Jean d'Arc's portrait for another civ (Boadicea, anyone?).

You can download it at http://www.tulluian.com/napoleon.zip

Here's a preview (Napoleon through the ages):
    Attached Files

Woohoo!!!

This is just what I've been looking for!!!!! although it would be nice if he had a toga for ancient, any chance of King Phillip of Spain, Sitting Bull, The Great Ghengis Khan or maybe Hannibal of Carthage? I'd do it myself only I'm crap when it comes to drawing stuff.
    Great stuff - Do more! ''

Oh and has anyone else noticed that Czarina Catherine bears a striking resemblance to Britains Queen Victoria?
    "Five hundred years of democracy and peace, and what has it produced? The Cuckoo Clock... goodbye Harold"

Comment

P.S. 'Viva' en Francais est 'Vive'.
      Last edited by Gromit; November 27, 2001, 17:27.
      "Five hundred years of democracy and peace, and what has it produced? The Cuckoo Clock... goodbye Harold"

Comment

WOW!

great!

how did you do that???

and another question... are you planning to make more of these beauties for other (custom) civs, like the spanish, dutch, turks, and a whole bunch more??

Comment

Thanks, for the compliments, guys.

I made this with just Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Imageready (comes bundled with photoshop), and Jasc Animation Shop (shareware, you can download it from http://www.jasc.com/).

I might decide to make some more, and I might not; it depends on how I feel the next time that I have some free time.

Comment

you do really have talent, for my dutch i finally decided to use a still frame cos the animated one looked really funky

Comment

and, could you, if you want to, please make stalin or lenin for the russians, cos i can't stand that catharina :r (aside from the fact that stalin/lenin were a bit more important IMO )

Comment

the fact that stalin/lenin were a bit more important
                Sure, If slaughtering millions of your own citizens is important...
                You likee soupee?

Comment

I think he looks kind of like Bill Murray in that suit...
                  "I kick a$$ for the Lord!"
                  -- Father McGruder, Peter Jackson's _Dead Alive_

Comment

?

I think a few images are not replaced but if I have done something wrong, please point it out to me.

\art\flics\Jo_01.flc
                    \art\flics\Jo_02.flc

These are still Joan and show up in the game.

\art\leaderheads\JO.pcx

This is still Joan as well.

Can I safely remove these or will this cause a crash?

Thanks for the effort.

Comment

Thank god someone has finally corrected Firaxis's stupid design decision to put bloody Joan of Arc in... i mean what were they thinking!?!?!?! Joan more important than NAPOLEON!?!?!?!?!!?

Thanks A LOT for this, now I don't have to cringe whenever I speak to the French.

Comment

is it animated?

Comment

Re: ?

Originally posted by Puritan
                          I think a few images are not replaced but if I have done something wrong, please point it out to me.

\art\flics\Jo_01.flc
                          \art\flics\Jo_02.flc

These are still Joan and show up in the game.

\art\leaderheads\JO.pcx

This is still Joan as well.

Can I safely remove these or will this cause a crash?

Thanks for the effort.
                          I don't know what you did wrong, but the files you named are all in the zip. Maybe you unzipped it to the wrong directory? In any case, the files (with the paths) are all in the zip. You can manually move them to the proper locations if you like.

Originally posted by ancient
                          is it animated?
                          There's a very narrow range of animation, such that you can more or less determine his expression based on the picture (in the diplomacy screen), but it's almost like a still image in that he won't appear to do anything other than stare at you.

Comment

Re: Re: ?

Originally posted by Depression

I don't know what you did wrong, but the files you named are all in the zip. Maybe you unzipped it to the wrong directory? In any case, the files (with the paths) are all in the zip. You can manually move them to the proper locations if you like.

There's a very narrow range of animation, such that you can more or less determine his expression based on the picture (in the diplomacy screen), but it's almost like a still image in that he won't appear to do anything other than stare at you.
                            He wasn't lying at all Depression... those files ARE DEFINATELY MISSING from your Zip... maybe YOU have them on your end, but the zip file is missing those files... furthermore, it is also missing the Civilopedia pictures from the "RACES" directory in Civ3... if you look up France, you'll see images of Joan of Arc, NOT Napoleon. I had to point these omissions out to the author of the Hitler head as well, as he also missed the Civilopedia entries, but this zip file that is offered here is DEFINATELY missing at LEAST three files, and if you include the Civilopedia pictures, this mod is missing FIVE files!!!!

Great work, but it would be GREATLY appreciated if you could complete the pack with a FULL group of images.

Please keep up the good work and complete this package!
                            Wolfshanze Mod: for BtS... adds "flavored Civs", coal-fired navies, WWI units, plus Poland, Austria & Vietnam to Civ4!

Comment

Re: Viva la France!

Originally posted by Depression
                              Hi everybody, I'm new here. I made this mod mostly for my own benefit, but I decided that some people might be interested. It changes Jean d'Arcs portrait to Napoleon's. Only the graphics are changed; you'll need to edit civ3mod.bic on your own (everyone is using a modified version anyway, so it would be pointless for me to include one). The pictures are nowhere near Firaxis' Quality; this mod was primarily made for my own benefit, so don't expect anything great. In the diplomacy screen, the picture is pretty much a static image, with very slight changes in Napoleon's facial features depending on his mood. These files have not been extensively tested, so use them at your own risk. Feel free to e-mail me if you encounter any problems, however.

So, there you have it. Now, you can play against Napoleon Bonaparte; more importantly, you can now use Jean d'Arc's portrait for another civ (Boadicea, anyone?).

You can download it at http://www.tulluian.com/napoleon.zip

Here's a preview (Napoleon through the ages):
                              Where do you extract the files to? Also how do you edit the civ3mod.bic file to change the name?

Comment

Working...
                              X