Ongoing problem since CIV2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ongoing problem since CIV2

One of the biggest problems in CIV2 AND SMAC is the directories. In CIV2, all of the files were in one directory, so if you make or downloaded any modifications, you had to overwrite the default rules.txt, etc. A way to fix this problem is:

In the main directory, have a folder called RULES. In the RULES folder their would be different folders, each representing a different set of rules.
    So C:\CIV3\RULES\DEFAULT would have the normal rules for CIV3, while C:\CIV3\RULES\XPACK would have a modification called the Xpack.
    In each separate directory would have all the .txt, etc. needed for that mod. When you started a game, it would ask you which set of rules you would like to use. The save files would remember which set of rules the save was generated under.

Oh yeah, one more thing. FOR THE LOVE OF GOD, let me choose the technology to trade in the deplomancy screen!
    [This message has been edited by FrantzX (edited April 11, 2000).]

Choosing the technology to trade is already possible in CTP, so I do not think they will remove this in Civ3.

Comment

Not a good concept, but an essential one.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't this how the multiplayer Civ2 handled things?

------------------
      Greetings,
      Earthling7
      To be one with the Universe is to be very lonely - John Doe - Datalinks

Comment

I was just going to post on that topic..

There should be a CIV3\MODPACK directory, and we should be able to download new modpacks every week.. They would install under this directory..
        ------------------
        -Shiva
        Email: shiva@mailops.com
        Web: http://www.crosswinds.net/india/~shiva
        [This message has been edited by Sir Shiva (edited April 12, 2000).]

Comment

Working...
        X