Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My biggest problem with Civ 3

Hail,

Okay, I've played a couple of games now, and there's only one thing that really upsets me about the game.

Where's the Coffee resource?

I mean, come on. You guys are programmers, you know how important this stuff is. How could it possibly have been left out of the game? No wonder there's such a problem with corruption and unhappiness, these poor people can't get any coffee!

Wraith
    "The powers of a man's mind are directly proportional to the quantity of coffee he drank."
    -- Sir James MacKintosh

Next you'll be wanting to have "Starbucks" as a minor wonder. Although that wouldn't work as every city should have a Starbucks.

Oh, wait, we're talking CIV3, not real life.
    Rule 37: "There is no 'overkill'. There is only 'open fire' and 'I need to reload'."
    http://www.schlockmercenary.com/ 23 Feb 2004

Comment

Thanks for the laugh! Now I am ready to go read 20 more posts of complaints.

-quinalla
      Jacob's Law "To err is human: to blame it on someone else is even more human."

Comment

That starbucks wonder idea is great! It should take a long time to build and cost lots of money to maintain though

Comment

[complaint]

And where's the Spam resource? We all know that modern civilization could not function without Spam!

[/complaint]

oh god how did this get here I am not good with livejournal

Comment

--"Next you'll be wanting to have "Starbucks" as a minor wonder"

Nah, but maybe a "coffee bar" city improvement. Important cultural icons, those.

To elaborate on my earlier comments, we do have a wine resource, right? So, with no coffee resource, how are they going to be able to treat their hangovers? No wonder the AI is so aggressive, they've all got thumping headaches and are just trying to get the other civs to be quiet!

Wraith
            Is there life before coffee? Yes, but not intelligent life.

Comment

Working...
            X