Pollution Fix

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pollution Fix

I was thinking about how annoying pollution is to deal with in the later game, when each city produces a pollution square every 2 or 3 turns and the messages flash by so fast you can't find it all. Then you have to take all your workers off their jobs to sort it out and by the time you put them back on their original jobs, there is another batch of nice little orange blobs appearing everywhere

How about to reduce micromanagement for pollution almost completely, why not simply remove the city radius aspect of pollution from the game? Then there will no longer be annoying and particularly unrealistic pollution tiles appearing everywhere, but you will still need to manage pollution to prevent global warming from killing your rich productive tiles.

Good or bad idea?

I know this isn't really a solution, but you can put workers on pollution patrol with Shift-P. If you've got a nice rail network set up and enough workers it becomes less of a deal.

Comment

It doesn't bother me in particular, just IMO removing city radius pollution from the game and just keeping global warming (but perhaps making it more effective, I have only had one tile change from grassland to plains however I have had hundreds of city radius pollution problems) would increase realism AND decrease micromanagement.

Comment

Generally if you micromanage enough and have workers on pollution patrol then the pollution thing is minimal. Typically find that it is only during the early industrial age pollution needs taking care of, as there is plenty of later techs that solve this. I remember from the days of Civ2 that pollution used to drive me nutty so glad that in Civ3 this is less of an issue.

Comment

Pollution is not a major problem for one who has NEVER built a Coal Plant (I build Hoover Dam instead -- it's about 25 miles (40 km) from my house).

Otherwise, press SHIFT-P for your worker to go to the nearest polluted square. On subsequent turns, as long as their is a polluted square they will continue to stay on cleanup.

Comment

Working...
          X