This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• incorrect Civ starting locations on Earth Map

I've noticed that on the huge earth map (and probably standard too) the civs seem to start on random pre-set incorrect locations. Its perhaps a petty gripe but I would have liked to see civilisations on there proper starting locations. ie the english on british isles, the zulus in south africa etc.

The huge earth map itself is fairly flawed geographically but anyway, Is there a way i can put the civs in there proper starting places? I tried using the editor, deleted the given starting places and put more accurate ones.

However, how can i put the romans to start in italy, the americans on east coast america, the aztecs in mexico etc? There doesnt seem to be an option to place units on the editor (so i can put a settler of the corresponding civ in the corresponding location)

Can anyone help me on this? And firaxis if you come across this, - maybe u can address this in your patch.

Its a shame because i am a big fan of earth maps - it makes it more like you are rewriting the history books.
    Last edited by Vargas920; November 25, 2001, 17:39.

"Lord, my load is heavy." — Lily Tomlin
    "Entia non sunt multiplicanda praeter necessitatum." — William of Ockham

Comment

Developers message to Firaxis thread mentions that there is no current way to place units or cities on the map. Most likely, Firaxis can't do it either. If the pros at scenario-making say it can't be done, no one else is going to suddenly find the secret and give it to you. Sorry about that.
      No matter where you go, there you are. - Buckaroo Banzai
      "I played it [Civilization] for three months and then realised I hadn't done any work. In the end, I had to delete all the saved files and smash the CD." Iain Banks, author

Comment

Alas, thats it then 8(

Thanks for reply. I just hope that firaxis can address this on later patch or (boo hiss) an expansion pack which incorporates features that the game should have had in its 1st outing.

Comment

Working...
        X