AI caught cheating

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AI caught cheating

I only play in regent level because i like no cheats either against or for the AI. I don't mind that the AI is agressive and performs ICS and swordsman rushes because that's the way it should be played (specially expansionist civs). But...

I'm a reasonable good player and i know when i'm bulding settlers very fast but still, i could not even come near to the speed in witch the AI buidls them. I lost 2 games because of this approach (trying to build as fast as them) because i got rushed by swordsman later on. The Russians are particular good at this. :P

I began to suspect that some cheating was involved but i didn't had profs. I know that the AI puts all cities building settler even when they dont have the right size but something is fishy.

Finally, i got my prove on tape about the AI cheating.
    Just look at the picture i've attached. How can the Russians have irrigation? There is no river or lake in their land! And Minsk (top) is the biggest scandal. Completly surrounded by ocean water and full of irrigation tile. While my civ at the south as to strugle to find food enough to grow.

This is even worst than cheating, it's breaking the rules!
    Attached Files

I hope the computer is not breaking rules (otherwise it is horrible ).

Anyway, I think what is happening in that picture can be possible. There is a tiny lake near the bottom city so the computer just had to irrigate all the way up from that. Some of the squares are empty possibly because the computer irrigated it but switched it to a mine or planted a forest and so on (depends on how late you are in the game and so forth).

KoalaBear33

Comment

What I said above makes a lot of sense... if you look, you can see that all the irrigated squares are connected, except for in 2 locations (where there are mines).... This gives me a good idea. Maybe I should start doing what the computer is doing

KoalaBear33

Comment

No, I've noticed the irrigation thing, too...
        Not often, but perhaps 30% of my games.
        "You don't have to be modest if you know you're right."- L. Rigdon

Comment

EDIT: On second look at the picture what i was going to say didn't make any sense.
          I don't do drugs anymore 'cause i find i can get the same effect by standing up really fast.

I live in my own little world, but its ok; they know me here.

Comment

No, that is all possible- they irrigated the northeast (7 spot) of Moscow, then up and down the coast, then built mines over the irrigation for a shield enhancement.

Comment

1. That tile that looks like a lake says coast when i right click on it.
              2. Even if it was a lake tile, he coudn't got water out because the lake is surrounded by mountains/hills.
              3. Even if he could have gotten the water out thru Moscow, i monitored that area thru the years and never saw anything else than mines surrounding Moscow.

Still i agree with you guys that it's possible. I didn't know that cities worked as an irrigation "conductor".

Comment

Originally posted by Psiwar
                1. That tile that looks like a lake says coast when i right click on it.
                2. Even if it was a lake tile, he coudn't got water out because the lake is surrounded by mountains/hills.
                3. Even if he could have gotten the water out thru Moscow, i monitored that area thru the years and never saw anything else than mines surrounding Moscow.

Still i agree with you guys that it's possible. I didn't know that cities worked as an irrigation "conductor".
                If I remember correctly, cities are automatically irrigated (along with having a road).... Unless you are paying close attention (ie. watching every turn), it is easy to miss a switch from irrigation to mine.

KoalaBear33

Comment

It's cheating, alright.

The body of water near the Cities is all made up by Coast tiles and this tiles wouldn't form a Freshwater body of water if the area surrrounding them is not enclosed by land. Now Psiwar is a knowledgeable player, I suppose. He knows which one is a lake and which one is not.

Very good job, Psiwar. Now if we show this picture to Soren and let him speak the truth. Uhh, this is going to be interesting.

Comment

BTW Koala33, cities before the founding of Electricity cannot become an Irrigation conductor if its tile is not adjacent to any irrigated tile(s) or Freshwater tile(s).

Road is ofcourse not a prerequisite of Irrigation.

From the pic, Moscow is NOT cheating (notice the adjacent lake).
                    St. Pete, Odessa, and Minsk DO cheat (if the body of water near to them is really a Sea, not just part of a huge Lake).

Comment

Is that square directly south of Odessa irrigated? It looks like it is, but it is hard to tell because of the button. If it is, then Odessa would also be considered irrigated. This allows the square directly north to be irrigated and by consequence, the entire network. Is there a source of fresh water south and west of Odessa?

Comment

Brothers!!!

Maybe one of us can volunteer to make a edited map without any source of water. Then will be easy to see if AI cheats on this or not.

To balance things a bit and do not make it so boring tons of wheat, game,fish should be placed.

So what do you think of this idea?
                        I do not want to achieve immortality threw my work. I want to achieve it threw not dying - Woody Allen

Comment

Originally posted by Baloo

Now Psiwar is a knowledgeable player, I suppose.
                          I am sure he is! He is Portuguese...

I do not want to achieve immortality threw my work. I want to achieve it threw not dying - Woody Allen

Comment

That is a lake.

If it a body of water has no ocean, it's fresh water.
                            Rethink Refuse Reduce Reuse

Do It Ourselves

Comment

Osweld, when you right click on a lake what does it say?

When i right clicked that one it said it was coast. So, coast can not be used for irrigation before Electricity, right?

Also, there is no fresh water coming from Odessa because that's where i am.

I'll would post the savegame here but it's to big.

Comment

Working...
                              X