Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What would u like Fixed in civ 3?

Here is my list...

1. Corruption (100% corruption now after 20 or so cities)
    2. Combat (i lost 10 tanks to a single rifflemen)
    3. game speed. When having 16 civs on a huge map it takes 5 minutes for the AI to move. I have 640 megs of ram and a 1.4 AMD...
    4. Upgrading units in a army/ or replacing them with new units
    5. Moving around units in a stack !!!
    6. Ability to turn off city defections. Or at least use the moo2 approach
    7. Multiplayer. (No one is ever goning to play this game MP unless bugs 1-6 are fixed)
    Join the army, travel to foreign countries, meet exotic people -
    and kill them!

What would u like Fixed in civ 3?
    Everything that's broken...

Venger

Comment

I'd like to add:
      8. unbalanced air and naval units
      9. air superiority bug

I strongly agree with your points about stacking units, game speed and corruption.

Comment

10. Editor features (city placement, etc...) so that we can make scenarios.
        11. In addition to cultural borders, add "I will be mightily pissed if you build here, you land-grabbing pig, becuase I was planning to build there and I can't figure out how you crank out settlers so fast" borders...to discourage foreign cities deep in your heartland.
        12. Non-Aggression Pacts. I think this will really help.
        "...it is possible, however unlikely, that they might find a weakness and exploit it." Commander Togge, SW:ANH

Comment

I think city defections should be completely replaced with immigration/emmigration through manual placement of bulk "reserves". Not too realistic, but still much more so than the current system. What was Moo2s approach to defection?

Comment

It may sound stupid, but what I would like to see is maybe a bit of changing with the AI so it could respect cultural borders - and I KNOW that is not the purpose of the cultural outlines but would it not be better if the damn AI didn't wander through your country to build a city on a worthless tile in the center just to tick you off?

Just my thoughts.

Chaing
            You're a star-belly sneech, you suck it like a leech! You want everyone to act like you. Kiss ass while you ***** so you can get rich while your boss gets richer off you! Well you'll work harder with a gun in your back, for a bowl of rice a day. Slave to soldiers til you starve, then your heads impaled on a stake!

The framework of the world is - black and white! The infrastructure builders - flex their might! Turning true emotion into digital expression, one by one we all fall down. The grey race shrivels, trapped inside. The world it creates is black and white.

Comment

It doesn't seem to be a bug, but I'd like to see air units be able to actually destroy units instead of only bringing them down to 1hp. I'm big on using naval airpower and it's not very daunting in Civ 3. I could understand thinking that air strikes wouldnt take out an entire ground division of infantry or tanks, but being unable to sink other ships with airpower just seems a bit much to me.

Comment

My list:

1. Corruption. Rampant corruption is ok, but there must be a lot more ways to deal with corruption. The courthouse is a joke right now.
                2. All bugs, especially air superiority.
                3. AI should upgrade all its units.
                4. Ability to move units in stack.
                5. AI should stop patrolling its borders.
                6. City defection. Happens too easily with no warning whatsoever. Losing all units inside the city is completely unacceptable.
                7. All "exploits" of the game. Lumberjacking should be weakened. Shouldn't be possible to sell city to AI, re-capture city, and sell it again. Shouldn't be able to sell luxury for lump sum, then destroy road and sell it again next turn.
                8. Diplomacy AI should be tweaked. It should remember your pass transgressions more often. Getting vassel states is too easy now.
                9. Trading AI should be tweaked. Right now its too easy to play tech broker and to make tons of money from selling techs. AI also place too much value on techs like music theory or theory of gravity when the wonders have already been built.
                10. AI sending settlers deep inside my territory and build a city in the middle of my empire, only to be culturally absorbed later. That's just bad AI.
                11. Combat is fine. The only thing I want fixed is the AI: it has a tendency to send tons of cavalry, unprotected by infantry, into my territory. It should also use artillery more often.
                12. Option to watch powergraph "civ2 style".
                13. Scenario editor.
                14. Ability to choose what to pillage. Especially forts I no longer need.
                15. Option to choose pop up menus for city disorders, production of military units, and pollution.
                16. Option to produce a military unit indefinitely until told otherwise.
                17. Better city governors and production queues.
                18. Show movement remaining as 1/3 movement points.
                19. More control over movement order of units. There should be an option to, say, move all artillery units before all others. Or move all units of one tile before others.
                20. Diplomatic advisor screen to show all 16 civs.
                21. Option to access screens with single click.
                22. Better keyboard shortcuts. A lot of the shortcuts are too complex and anti-intuitive now.
                23. Option to show grid WITH city production boundaries super-imposed.
                24. An in-game editor to make a custom civ.
                25. Multi-player.
                26. Option to turn off correlation of civs when starting game. Say, when I play Romans the Greeks always appear near me. That's not really random.
                27. Ability to save and load pre-designed production queues.
                28. Casualty list.
                29. Future techs give benefits.
                30. Once I have built a hydro/solar/nuclear plant, no need to show coal plant in city production menu.
                31. Once I have built/acquired pyramids, ability to sell all existing granaries. Likewise for Hoover dam, Sun Tzu's etc.
                32. Option to add the hp/fp system back (just so I don't have to read and post on combat related threads).
                33. Destroyers should have the ability to see subs.
                34. Faster scrolling/game speed.
                35. Global warming happens too early. The Sun icon really doesn'te tell you which stage of global warming I have reached.
                36. Ability to delete save games in game.
                37. Change name and graphic of Iroquois unique unit: mounted warrior. It doesn't make sense at all. The units stats are ok.
                38. Ability to see all active diplomatic/trading agreements at a glance. I don't want to click each AI leader, then click active agreement to read them.
                39. Ability to see all information on AI civs in one simple screen: rough comparison of military, culture, their attitude toward me, etc.
                40. Ability to show AI civ relation in table colume/row form. Current form is sometimes hard to read.
                41. Tell us how the numbers in the demographic screen are calculated. Family size appears to be broken.
                42. Option for air units to sink ships (I think the current system us fine but lots of people don't like it.)
                43. Ability to trade units.
                44. When right-clicking on a stack of units, should have an easily visible indicator of whether the unit has moved or not. I know I can see the movement points remaining but that's too hard to spot.
                45. Too hard to see borders in jungle/forest tiles.
                46. Keyboard short cut to wake all units not in city.
                47. Sentry mode back.
                48. Ability to access civlopedia in city production menu.
                49. Show wonder benefits when it is built.
                50. Modify world generator to prevent areas without any source of fresh water from appearing too often. Small islands are ok, but sometimes a large part of the main continent is blocked off from any rivers by hills and mountains.
                51. Fix diplomatic victory.
                52. AI should defend its strategic resource when at war.
                53. Too easy to take out an AI civ at Deity level at the beginning of game. AI should focus a little more on defense.
                54. Make sure you tell your future publishers to sell all Firaxis products in Asia at the same time as you sell them in the US (personal request). And please no local language versions, English is fine.
                55. Show health point of units at the right hand bottom box.
                56. Ability to move over AI units with a right of passage agreement with me. I know there are real issues with units of 2 civs stacking together, but why can't I move over it if I have the movement points to do so?

And some people even say that I often think the game is perfect

Comment

I got another one, the ability to upgrade every single knight etc in your empire. When you have 50 of them it totally sucks to upgrade them one at a time. Why can't you do them all at once like other games?
                  Join the army, travel to foreign countries, meet exotic people -
                  and kill them!

Comment

Originally posted by Monoriu
                    My list:
                    Come on, put some thought into it...

Venger

Comment

Add a diplomatic solution to nuclear buildup. SDI doesn't end the nuclear threat until after all the cities are protected. Prehaps a arms control treaty or some tech that would destroy nuclear weapons is in order.

Comment

Originally posted by markusf
                        I got another one, the ability to upgrade every single knight etc in your empire. When you have 50 of them it totally sucks to upgrade them one at a time. Why can't you do them all at once like other games?
                        i thought u can do that?

press "shift-U" when a knight is active and all knights in cities with barracks can be upgraded at once (provided u have enough gold)

Comment

The AI should be smoothed out, i'm having no problem with corruption, but i strongly agree about the editor and game speed been upgraded/fixed. Also if multiplayer comes in an expansion, i'd like to see copy protection removed, so i don't have to pay double to play LAN...
                          Alex

Comment

After 4 games, of which only 1 I made it to the end, this is what I would like fixed.

1.) combat: its a bit off. I watched my elite ironclad loose to a veteran trireme, er I mean galley. this should never happen.
                            transport units should be slaughtered by combat units

2.) odd AI reactions. I was in a world wide battle, everyone attacked the french and me. we were allies. after 20 years
                            the french decided the agreement was no longer needed. HUH ?
                            we were both still being attacked by the rest of the world.

3.) sentry mode would be nice

4.) mabye im wrong but disbanding a naval unit doesnt seem to put shields back into the cities production box.

5.) privateers should have attack value of 2

Comment

Originally posted by ChaingKaiShek
                              It may sound stupid, but what I would like to see is maybe a bit of changing with the AI so it could respect cultural borders - and I KNOW that is not the purpose of the cultural outlines but would it not be better if the damn AI didn't wander through your country to build a city on a worthless tile in the center just to tick you off?

Just my thoughts.

Chaing
                              The AI will respect your borders if you can enforce them. What I mean by this is that if you are powerful and have a strong military then they will stay away. In my current game as the Persians I have almost taken over the whole of the largest continent on the map (and the corruption isn't too bad either, so you people must be doing something wrong), and the Babylonians are the only other civ left. Their empire is split into 3 fairly decent chunks (although nothing compared to mine). Anyway, I had them marked out as a future target, so I decided to weaken them. I cancelled the right of passage agreement, and all of their troops went scurrying for the borders. Once there, they didn't dare to recross the borders. On the other side of the continent, the Egyptians were attacking them from the sea. Did the Babylonians dare to enter my territory to go to defend their cities? No. Why? I hear you ask. How is relations with one civilization more important than saving your own cities? Because I had twice the number of military units that they did and mine were all mechanized infantry, whereas theirs were pikemen and longbowmen.

BTW: things I would like fixed in Civ 3 (that I have seen):
                              1) Make the coastal fortresses fire.
                              2) Finish the editor (going to happen anyway).
                              3) Fix the whiners.
                              Never underestimate the healing powers of custard.

Comment

Working...
                              X