Movement in Mountains

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Movement in Mountains

On reflection, I'm not sure I like the way the movement system is working. I've had a search and failed to find anything on it so:

The only effect of dificult terrain is to reduce the speed only of the fast units. A 1-move unit can travel just as fast over mountains as over plains. This means that if you have a warrior and a scout investtigating the map, you would send the warrior along the montain tops for the view and the scout across the pains for speed. Now that seems a little crazy if not violently affecting gameplay.

More seriosly it means the a huge mountian range provides no barrier to an invasion force on move 1 units (Say Swordsmen, Archers and the like). Furthermore this attacking force gets defensive bonuses. This means that a city build next to a montain range is more vunerable than one in open country. This can't be right, can it?

Some units cannot enter mountain squares at all unless there is a road across them.
    xane

Comment

I suppose to fix it you would have to give units double movement rates. Then the scout etc could move onto mountains and off again in a single turn while the infantry could not. Unfortunately the game is not balanced with that extra movement in mind.
      To doubt everything or to believe everything are two equally convenient solutions; both dispense with the necessity of reflection.
      H.Poincaré

Comment

Working...
      X