Panzer not available!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Panzer not available!!!

I must be an idiot but would still appreciate a little help--I am playing as Bismark but I can not build Panzers--waited several days to be able to get to that tech. and now a big fat NOTHING The game manual sucks outloud and I am very frustrated. Please tell me the dumb thing that I have somehow missed. Thanks.

You need Oil & Rubber. Do you have those resources? If not, see if you can trade for them with the AI. Build as many Panzers, as soon as possible, before you lose (access to) the resources.

Comment

I have 4 oil and 3 rubber resources--I can make regular tanks, just not Panzers--any other suggestions are welcome!

Comment

Ok, now I know this will look silly as many troubleshooting guide, but:

Step 1) Do you have selected the box about using new rules (sorry, I haven't the right caption; it's that about enabling Golden Ages and Special Units).

It's somewhere on the screen you get when you start a new game.

If this is not the case, I suggest you zip your last savegame and attach it to a message to Firaxis.
        "We are reducing all the complexity of billions of people over 6000 years into a Civ box. Let me say: That's not only a PkZip effort....it's a real 'picture to Jpeg heavy loss in translation' kind of thing."
        - Admiral Naismith

Comment

It sounds like the Admiral's suggestion is the only other possibility. You probably started the game with the special abilities disabled. Bummer to get so far as the Germans and find that out now...

Comment

Working...
          X