Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bring back Sentry Mode!!!

Please, do it for the children.

Do you think if everybody whoever came on these boards each made a new thread saying "I like civ3" would be useful

Now do you think making a new thread to say something that has already been said lots of time any better?

But yeah I agree bring it back!
    Im sorry Mr Civ Franchise, Civ3 was DOA

Comment

Yes, I don't understand why they left it out. Since it seems that fortified units cannot take oppourtunity fire, sentry is the ONLY way to go!

Comment

Yes, bring it back.

Comment

One reason.....

oops double post, srry!

Comment

One reason.....

The only thing I hated about sentry in Civ 2 was if I was guarding my boarder with a unit on sentry every time a settler passed by they would wake. On long continuous boarders with a lot of defenders on sentry resetting them at the end of every turn was a pain in the arse.

I still would like to see it back in a less annoying form.

Comment

Re: Bring back Sentry Mode!!!

Hear hear! Bring it back.

Comment

I agree that the option should be there, but why not just fortify the units and get the defencive bonus? I understand that the units will not auto-activate if somebody comes by them, but if somebody comes into your territory how unaware can you be not to notice.

Comment

For the love of God yes. Please bring back sentry mode. Especially for ships.

Comment

Yes I'll add my voice to this chorus.. BRING IT BACK....
                    "Capitalism is man exploiting man; communism is just the other way around."

Comment

I used sentry a lot for attacking units that I left in my city, so that they would wake up when an attacker walked nearby.

They should make sentry so that it wakes up a unit when an enemy civ unit is nearby but not when a civ that you are allied/at peace moves a unit next to you.

Comment

Originally posted by fanatic civver
                        They should make sentry so that it wakes up a unit when an enemy civ unit is nearby but not when a civ that you are allied/at peace moves a unit next to you.
                        Yes, that's a good idea. I'd also rather not have the "auto-board any ship" feature that was part of the Civ2 sentry thingie.

Comment

Working...
                        X