Resistance and garrison

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Resistance and garrison

How many military units (x) do I need in the city to fight resistance of y?

Thanks!

Handling Civil Disorder

1. Population change (growth or starvation) can cause civil disorder because the the new citizen is added as worker or an entertainer is "starved". Civ 3 is better than II since you can now click on the center tile at the end of the previous turn and it will adjust with growth in consideration. Can the governer do this for me automatically every turn (per city or globally)? Same applies to disorder caused by military deployment (see 2.)

2. At the end of the turn, it would be nice if the governer can warn me of the upcoming disorder because of the war we just entered or the new troop deployment.

3. At the turn, the popup goes by too quickly (I was never able to catch which resource is depleted). It is quite annoying to find out your city is still in disorder because you forget to adjust last turn. Since we iterate over all units to specify action, why can we include disordered city in the iteration?

I am new to the game and the forum. I know there must some way to make suggestion to the game developer. Can someone help me to send this as a suggestion?

Thanks!

Comment

. Can the governer do this for me automatically every turn (per city or globally)?
      I don't know but I don't think so.

2. At the end of the turn, it would be nice if the governer can warn me of the upcoming disorder because of the war we just entered or the new troop deployment.
      With Civ2 you used to be able to look at the Domestic Advisor to see which cities were/are in disorder or not. You can still do this with Civ3 but personally I find the graphics really hard to interpret and can't tell the difference between happy/content/unhappy citizens without squinting and counting them all (unlike Civ2 where they were just colour coded).

It is quite annoying to find out your city is still in disorder because you forget to adjust last turn.
      Yes. Fortunately, at least the "government collapse" of Democracy/Republic if a single city riots for more than one turn has been removed.

I know there must some way to make suggestion to the game developer. Can someone help me to send this as a suggestion?
      LOL

Join the queue.

If you want control over what really goes into the game then join one if the many freeware Civ-style projects out there.

Comment

Working...
      X