Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Build Queues

Hi.

I have bought the game and can verify it if anyone doubts (ask page / manual q's)

But i can't figure out how to create a build queue.

i've played all the other civ games (1,2,CTP1,2,SMAC, even freeciv) but can't figure this out.

if you think i've pirated it or whatever, just tell me the page on the manual (although i read the blasted thing cover to cover)

cheers

d
    -------
    Droogie Music
    www.droogie.co.uk

Hold down the SHIFT key and the queue'd be activited.

I read that on this forum too, it's not in the manual.

Comment

-Couldn't they have put a button in the game rather than a shortcut which no one knows? WHY Firaxis? Why?
      -->Visit CGN!
      -->"Production! More Production! Production creates Wealth! Production creates more Jobs!"-Wendell Willkie -1944

Comment

cheers for that guys
        -------
        Droogie Music
        www.droogie.co.uk

Comment

Just to clarify a little further:

Hold down the shift key and click on the next item(s). When the first item is built, you will still get the pop up message but the suggested next build is the next item in the queue. Just hit enter and continue on.

I like this as I can set things up but if circumstances change (not unusual with Zulus on the border) I can see when something is done and tweak the builds if I want. Otherwise, just acknowledge the report and go on.
          Rule 37: "There is no 'overkill'. There is only 'open fire' and 'I need to reload'."
          http://www.schlockmercenary.com/ 23 Feb 2004

Comment

You can also highlight something in the queue and delete it without disturbing the rest of your choices. Its not a very user friendly queue when you compare it to things like CtP but it works. My biggest gripe is that if you want to queue up 10 infantry, you cant just hold shift and click 10 times because the queue expanding repositions the location of the infantry in the list so you go click .. click .. click.. click and get infantry, infantry, pikeman, archer

The pop up advisor is cool, but there is no way to determine if the city is still running its build queue or the advisor is making it up on the spot now. I'd be happier if it clearly said "you have no more queued items, so I suggest ..."
            To doubt everything or to believe everything are two equally convenient solutions; both dispense with the necessity of reflection.
            H.Poincaré

Comment

Working...
            X