Fun or not Fun?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fun or not Fun?

This is about AI in the game. I've been playing Civ3 since it came out. I've put many hours into all the CTP and other Civ games, along with other off brand similar games in the past, so I know what im talking about... and the advance in AI is well... not too good. It sucks still, and 2 weeks after playing Civ3 I was easily reminded why I play strategy games usually only if they are Multiplayer and against other REAL human players.

What do you people get the impression of when you think "difficult" level setting? Me, I think of an opponent that is tricky, cunning, suprises me, trys to use what ever setting the game might be in to his or her advantage. To me that is a very difficult enemy or better yet, a very good allie. For those of you who dont seek out challenge and like taking advantage of stupid computer AI and have fun doing it, then dont bother flamming I know what you will post.

Civ3 AI, on the hardest setting pretty much sums up to be, Aggressive, Spreads out filling up every possible territory on the map, CHEATS majorly but we all know that. It masses units which seem to come from no where in a very small period of time (cheating)... few other small things of course...

My point is, the AI never changes, its boring, and its stupid after a small period of time, its predicatable, it offers no challenge other than perhaps cheating and sending countless numbers of troops upon you. They should of made this a multiplayer game from the get go... Single Player strategy games are just... so mid 90s... esspecially in this kind of Genre. If there is one thing the CTP series had over the Civ games, it was Multiplayer. Tell you the truth I still have 10x more fun playing CTP2 in multi then playing a simple Civ3 game.

Yes, I agree - not to mention the great love for details they put into the movies (and YES they ARE important). I think I'm going back to CTP2.

Comment

I have more fun posting here than playing the game, and im not touching it again until the patch is released and if i cant start in a predetermined place i wont touch it again and ill wait for Civ 4
      Im sorry Mr Civ Franchise, Civ3 was DOA

Comment

Working...
      X