Modders please more units!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Modders please more units!

Guys i know u r working hard and its very time consuming but, I would love to see some new units in the game. Not just the same unit in the game with differnet values and a different name tacked on it. I mean actual whole different units. The one I want the most is a Gestapo unit for my fascist patch by Wolfshanze. I would love to see a special unit per goverment. That would make choosing a goverment a little bit more fun, by wondering which unit you really need at the time. I mean think about it. Would it not be cool to have maybe a KGB agent for communist goverments, perhaps a Navy Seal unit for Democracy, maybe a Royal Gaurd unit for Monarchy, and even something unique for the Republic goverment as well. Modders please post any comments, any info about how long something like this would take to do etc, etc.
    "How must the man be constituted who will lead Germany back to her old heights?" The man, should be a dictator not averse to the use of slogans, street parades and demagoguery. He must be a man of the people yet have nothing in common with the mass. Like every great man, he must be "all personality," and one who"does not shrink from bloodshed. Great questions are always decided by blood and iron." To reach his goal, he must be prepared "to trample on his closest friends," dispense law "with terrible hardness" and deal with people and nations "with cautious and sensitive fingers" or if need be "trample on them with the boots of a grenadier." ---Rudolf Hess

You could do this your self.... just use the Civ Copy Tool (available in the Files forum) to copy a unit type and give it the new name. Then open the editor and edit the newly named unit to give it the required attributes and pre-requisite tech.

What you can't do is create new unit animations or gif's. Unfortunately Firaxis's .flc files are special and can't be read by any publically availabe graphics utilities, therefore you always have to use the same images that are already available in the game until Firaxis makes an editor available for their special .flc files. (Firaxis changed the file header).

What may look like an edited unit is probably often a newly created unit, but since we can't edit the graphics we're stuck with the currently availabe graphics to use for the new units.

Comment

is it so , no new units possible ,would be nice if someone write me if that change,i still try to get civ3 in germany and i was able to make units for ctp2

and something about this funny little notice from rudi (above)

such a man will never rule a nation , he would try to have" some fun tonight" ( predator one ,helicopter scene)

lars a. willen
      thanks to all soldiers in all the wars that they have given me the freedom to speak and write,like the germans,english,austrians and russians in the napoleonics wars,like the france,english,american and russians in ww2
      and thanks for all the losers for losing.
      soldiers dont make mistakes ,political does

Comment

You can make new units, just not new unit graphics as of yet... hopefully this will change (preferably soon....)

Comment

Believe me, it's on the list. And no, I can't give any dates on that

Dan
          Dan Magaha
          Firaxis Games, Inc.
          --------------------------

Comment

Working...
          X