Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does Apolyton get Many Mentions in Print?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does Apolyton get Many Mentions in Print?

I was browsing through a newsagents earlier today, to have a looksy at what magazines think of Civ 3 and the only mag without a plastic cover was one called "Strategy Player". It wasn't a very good magazine (the contents page did not match where the Civ 3 preview was ), but it did mention on a couple of separate occasions that this site, is, well, the best Civ site on the internet, the hub of the civing community, etc.

Does this place get many other mentions in proper magazines?

It should...

Comment

I think it appeared in Cosmo, something about how to spot a nerd or something. I think MarkG was also in the photo-shot.

I didn't see/read it myself, but thats what she told me.
      One day Canada will rule the world, and then we'll all be sorry.

Comment

Then again,

....it might of been her sarcasm....

....after all I post at Poly and I'm not a nerd.
        One day Canada will rule the world, and then we'll all be sorry.

Comment

It was mentioned in the German PC Action magazine years ago...

Comment

...oops. I´m obviously too exited and posted the right text into the wrong thread
            justice is might

Comment

although i tend to think that "online print" is beoming much more important...

see http://www.apolyton.net/about/rec.shtml

btw, can you do a scan?
              Co-Founder, Apolyton Civilization Site
              Co-Owner/Webmaster, Top40-Charts.com | CTO, Apogee Information Systems
              giannopoulos.info: my non-mobile non-photo news & articles blog

Comment

Originally posted by MarkG
                although i tend to think that "online print" is beoming much more important...

see http://www.apolyton.net/about/rec.shtml

btw, can you do a scan?
                The site deserves more recognition. You should push it. And don't turn up your nose at getting into real media. That's worth more than a Spanish Fleece.

Comment

A bit unrealated- however, Velociryx got a mention in CGW a few months back- and from his site, I believe, you could link to Apolyton.
                  -->Visit CGN!
                  -->"Production! More Production! Production creates Wealth! Production creates more Jobs!"-Wendell Willkie -1944

Comment

Sorry Markos, but I cannot, as I did not buy the magazine. Get Provost Harrison to buy and scan it, he's rich

The mag's not that good an endorsement anyway- they mentioned Civ Fanatics too

Comment

As a point of interest in this regard, I write for "Strategy Player Magazine" and have been since its debut issue. I write for the 'NetGamer' section of the magazine monthly and was recently promoted to Editor for the section (effective Issue 17). The most recently released issue (#15), which has a preview of CivIII in it, includes a four-page article on 'The History of Civilization' which I penned.

---------------
                      Dan; Apolyton CS
                      PolyCast Co-Host, Owner and Producer: entertaining | informing civ
                      >> PolyCast (Civ strategy), ModCast (Civ modding), TurnCast (Civ multiplay); One More Turn Dramedy

Comment

Coo, small world, init?

Tell your coworkers that they're stupid: they say the Civ 3 preview is on page 82 when it clearly isn't

Comment

More publicity = More newbies = More server strain = OT down.
                          "Beware of he who would deny you access to information, for in his heart he dreams himself your master" - Commissioner Pravin Lal.

Comment

More publicity=more add hits=more money=bigger server
                            gNigma. Sex, lies, and politics.

Comment

Originally posted by Apostle 83
                              More publicity=more add hits=more money=bigger server
                              Not quite.
                              It's:
                              More publicity=more ad hits=more popups=more money=slower speeds=less features

At least that is how it's been for the past year or so.
                              "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
                              Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

Working...
                              X