City screen crash?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• City screen crash?

When I go into my city management screen, the game will take no input. You can still see the infantrymen in the city view screen fidgeting around and fireworks from nearby cities going off, but everything else stops functioning. The mouse and keyboard do not respond, and the only thing that can be done is crtl/alt/del and close the game. At first it was every once in awhile, and now it's practically every time I start the game. I can't even get through a turn without this happening. Is anyone else having this problem? Infogrames support site is pretty useless. I've heard Nvidia's cards don't work well with Civ3, but the city management screen isn't exactly graphics intensive.

I hesitate to add to this thread, because I have just purchased a brand new system very recently, and it is locking up repeatedly in every application I run, even just on the desktop.

However, as I play the game, I can generally get in about 10-12 turns before the next lock-up, except when I repeatedly go to the city screen. If I have to go into the city screen more then twice within one turn, the game seems to lock up every time.

Like I said, I don't know if it's just my system, but I did notice it more often in this instance....

Comment

Working...
    X