Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why no main-game tweaking with the editor?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why no main-game tweaking with the editor?

I have just installed the Civ-game today.

I have noticed that, unlike Civ-1, Civ-2 and SMAC, I cannot edit the rules (with that standalone game-editor) for the main-game anmore - the way i could with that Rules.txt file. Game-tweaking is only possible for scenarios, it seems.

Is this really true? If so, Im pretty disappointed, to say the least.

Don´t worry. AFAIK, the information is stored in so-called 'BIC'-files, so you can create a scenario with different rules as a second BIC-file and then rename it to replace the original 'civ3mod'-BIC-file. Voila - rules edited for the main-game! (I haven´t done this myself yet, but the 'Fascist patch' in the Apolyton Civ3-files section is a good example.)
    "As far as general advice on mod-making: Go slow as far as adding new things to the game until you have the basic game all smoothed out ... Make sure the things you change are really imbalances and not just something that doesn't fit with your particular style of play." - WesW

Comment

BTW, enjoy your first game of Civ3, Ralf! When I played for the first time, I was only able to quit at 5:30 AM. (Okay, I started at 2:30 AM, but that´s another story. )
      "As far as general advice on mod-making: Go slow as far as adding new things to the game until you have the basic game all smoothed out ... Make sure the things you change are really imbalances and not just something that doesn't fit with your particular style of play." - WesW

Comment

Working...
      X