List of features we want back!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• List of features we want back!

1. The ability to right click on terrain and add text (from SMAC). This adds a great deal to the experience.
    2. Courthouses that really reduce corruption.

Okay....

I'd like the Transform ability back. Nothing like annoying terrain features being removed by sufficient application of Explosives.

Also, some sort of commerce generation via connecting cities to roads would be nice now that caravans are no longer available. Automated would be fine. Automated with an option to select cities to open up routes with would be nicer.
    |"Anything I can do to help?" "Um. Short of dying? No, can't think of a |
    | thing." -Morden, Vir. 'Interludes and Examinations' -Babylon 5 |

Comment

Add:

1. Ability to trade food to prevent the ridiculous situation of one starving city and one city overproducing in the same Civilization.
      2. Ability to trade military units--international arms dealing, a very important part of modern day diplomacy!
      3. More diplomatic options enabled by the building of the UN ala SMAC--declare certain things as atrocities, nuclear arms reductions, pollution reduction, etc.

Those are the things I have heard are not in the game, and for which I am disappointed.

Honestly, it's the finer details that make a game.

Comment

Re: Okay....

Originally posted by Sinapus
        I'd like the Transform ability back. Nothing like annoying terrain features being removed by sufficient application of Explosives.
        Ugg. The transform ability should stay in SMAC where it belongs.

-Nader

Comment

Originally posted by David Murray
          3. More diplomatic options enabled by the building of the UN ala SMAC--declare certain things as atrocities, nuclear arms reductions, pollution reduction, etc.
          Brilliant! I wish there was even a remote possibility of this happening. It would add so much to the modern era, and alter diplomacy. The idea that certain diplomatic arrangements become available only after certain advances pleased me to no small extent, and this would only add a lot of flavor and with good AI programming strategy.

Comment

1) radar towers a la SMAC
            2) a "wall" terrain improvement, similar to a fort, but it only increases (prevents?) enemy movement costs in that terrain (useful against tanks and cavalry etc.), and would not have to be manned.
            3) customizable governments- I am reminded of Simcity where you could enact laws and what not to emphasize certain aspects of production.
            4) a free six pack for those of us who buy the game.
            "You don't have to be modest if you know you're right."- L. Rigdon

Comment

Originally posted by cassembler
              3) customizable governments- I am reminded of Simcity where you could enact laws and what not to emphasize certain aspects of production.
              I agree, the first thing I would do is outlaw free speech and press to prevent the opposition citizenry from deposing me, and I'd also revoke their right to bear arms so If they wanted to they couldn't!

Comment

Oh man, so many cool things they could have put it but didn't bother.

Does anyone else think that they [Firaxis] were a little complacent?

I mean...only four types of government...what the heck?

Comment

I feel so strongly about this I'm going to bump this thread until I get banned and I'm going to email Firaxis requesting they add my suggestions in the forthcoming expansion pack.

Comment

Bump!

Comment

Indeed. A definite step back not to include those things in Civ3.

Also, the ability to ask another Civ to end a war against a third civ. Basically, if possible, put in all the great diplomacy that made up SMAC.
                      "Let us kill the English! Their concept of individual rights could undermine the power of our beloved tyrants!"

~Lisa as Jeanne d'Arc

Comment

Re: Re: Okay....

Originally posted by Nadexander

Ugg. The transform ability should stay in SMAC where it belongs.

-Nader
                        Actually, it was in Civ2, available upon the discovery of Explosives. It took a LOOOOOOOOOONG time to complete each transformation, which made it something you needed tons of engineers to perform in any reasonable time frame.

Makes those tundra, desert and other uninhabitable terrain workable eventually.
                        |"Anything I can do to help?" "Um. Short of dying? No, can't think of a |
                        | thing." -Morden, Vir. 'Interludes and Examinations' -Babylon 5 |

Comment

Originally posted by Kyle

Basically, if possible, put in all the great diplomacy that made up SMAC.
                          Amen. No excuses, Firaxis!

Comment

The scenario editor from Fantastic Worlds.

ZOOMING!
                            "Wait a minute..this isn''t FAUX dive, it's just a DIVE!"
                            "...Mangy dog staggering about, looking vainly for a place to die."
                            "sauna stories? There are no 'sauna stories'.. I mean.. sauna is sauna. You do by the laws of sauna." -P.

Comment

1. Definitely the ability to alter terrain. Too many plains I need to transform into grasslands.

2. Ability to pressure allies/others into breaking treaties/stopping war

Comment

Working...
                              X