Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Trying to grab some icons from CTP/CTP2: Anyone know an editor for .spr files?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trying to grab some icons from CTP/CTP2: Anyone know an editor for .spr files?

So far the only thing I know of that will allow me to open .spr files is Pro Motion. But as I can't find...err, "won't buy" an app just for this minor use, I won't be doing that.

I'm basically just trying to get a crack at the unit graphics from the other civ games so that I can use them in Civ3 for new units.

Anyone know of an editor for .spr files, or have another way to access the graphics in a way that they can be used for civ3?
    Better to be wise for a second than stupid for an entire lifetime.

Creator of the LWC Mod for Civ3.

I did not of "any" program which would open the sprite files, so you are ahead of me there. You could search the ctp forums, but that is not what you want to hear, is it? Sorry I could not be any help.

Comment

Ah well, I kind of figured that would be the case. I might actually try searching there anyway
      Better to be wise for a second than stupid for an entire lifetime.

Creator of the LWC Mod for Civ3.

Comment

There is no sprite editor yet, but the technique used to encode them is very well documented in the readme that goes along with the sprite creation program, available here on 'Poly. If anyone here is adept in C++, I'm sure everyone will welcome the tool (which by the way, will make absolutely every aspect of CtP2 editable )
        Concrete, Abstract, or Squoingy?
        "I don't believe in giving scripting languages because the only additional power they give users is the power to create bugs." - Mike Breitkreutz, Firaxis

Comment

Working...
        X