Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• lol, don't appologize, I appreciate all the hard work!
    But, it seems to be the same old zip file again! lol
    perhaps we should just try creating a new attachement rather then editing the old one after all?
    http://monkspider.blogspot.com/

Comment

• Try this
      Last edited by Elucidus; April 20, 2002, 20:29.
      Yours in gaming,
      ~Luc

Comment

• Incredible! it works perfectly, and actually looks extremely good!
        You're brilliant!
        Marvelous work Eluc

Comment

• I think I figured the problem with the other file. They were named the same thing. Don't know if that is the case, but it's a theory. And thank you for the compliment and your patience.
          Yours in gaming,
          ~Luc

Comment

• It goes without saying that this will of course be the standard artwork for the statue in all future updates

Comment

• Thanks. I'll work on the other aspects of it tomorrow and I'm glad it all came out well. Have a good night.
              Yours in gaming,
              ~Luc

Comment

• Well, I was testing the mod out and I ran into an error early on- 2710 BC. Dunno what happened, but I saved it near the start and I'll see if it happens again...

[Edit] Yup, tried a few different things:

1. Replayed game one from the save and it crashed.
                2. Ran the .bic as a scenario w/o going to the customization screen- all of the settlers/workers started right next to each other on this strip of flood plain- rather comical overall.
                3. Re-ran the .bic as a scenario and chose to customize it- again it crashed after 2710 BC.
                Last edited by Cian McGuire; November 23, 2001, 04:38.

Comment

• You know, Apolyton should really make it possible to attach files in the Edit Message box...

Anyways, here's the zip of my three save games- I'd be really interested to know if anyone else runs into the crash after 2710 as well- check out monkspider 2 for a laugh...
                  Attached Files

Comment

• Hey Cian, I managed to play quite a few turns on each of your saved games with success. Not even the slightest hint of a lock up. I haven't the foggiest what could be wrong. Did you extract all the files to their proper places and so forth? What version are you using?
                    I'm sorry I can't be more help.

Comment

• Well, I followed the readme except for the .bic, since there was no specification where that went I assumed it went in the Scenario folder with the other .bics, correct? (either way, you might want to specify that for n00bs such as myself )

Comment

• Well, I figured out my problem- and yeah, you're going to want to mention in your readme where to correctly place the civ3mod.bic

Comment

• Corrections on Readme

couple problems with the readme....the .bic goes into the CIVILIZATION III root directory. And 23-espionage-large and 23-espionage-small go into the Civilization III\Art\tech chooser\Icons folder Also if you don't already know you have to copy your settler folder, rename it to colonist, and rename the new settler.ini file to colonist.ini (unless you've downloaded 1.41, then just follow directions in the Readme)
                          Hope that clears some things up...Great job on the Mod BTW! Keep it up!!

Comment

• A-ha!

Something else that may have been causing my crash.

I switched everything around from the last time and it was all kosher until a bit later on... but then- *wham*- crashes again.

Comment

• I'm getting a GeoCities error when trying to download the latest version of this mod. Any help b/c it sounds great?

ADDENDUM:

Actually, the link listed on the first page is wrong. It should read...balancer141, not balancer14.

Comment

• The only way I could do it was to right-click and "save as." Did you try that?
                                Yours in gaming,
                                ~Luc

Comment

Working...
                                X