X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trouble Loading Saved Games . . .

Hey,

I'm also having this problem.

Here's what happens. The save files for a game become corrupted. One saves in the ordinary manner, and then when one goes to load the game (either from within the game (returning to a previous turn) or when one returns to the game) one gets an error message. Sometimes (when trying it from within the game), the game board does appear but without the cities!

The messages one receives are, first, "DatalO Operation System Error: City," and then "Load Error, Error Reading File, c:\Program Files\Inforgrames Interactive\Civilization III\Saves\Bismarck of the Germans, 1822AD. SAV." This always happens at about 57% of the way into the loading process.

The really weird thing is that, when the error occurs, it corrupts many of the other SAV files, so that one cannot load either the autosave files or any of the recent saves. Sometimes, much earlier saves still work.

Anybody have any solutions? I'm loving the game, but this bug makes me uphappy!

Michael

I've posted this in two other threads, and I'll post it here. I had a very similar problem: random errors at about 57% loading a save game. Clear up some space on your C drive and try loading the same game.
    kmj

Comment

Hey kmj,

Thanks for your help . . . How much space did you clear? When the problem started, I had about 2.5 gigs of space on the hard drive. In response to your suggestion, I opened it up to 3.1 gigs and tried it again, but still no luck. The same problem reoccurs.

Did your problem really go away?

Michael

Comment

There is a thread entitled Save Game Corruption (something like that) written by Fintilgin, currently on page 4 of this forum. Firaxis is aware of the problem, and thanks to some great save games by SITS, they have found and (I think Mike said) fixed the problem. Until the patch, you're out of luck, but it will be fixed.

Comment

Originally posted by martin3393
          Hey kmj,

Thanks for your help . . . How much space did you clear? When the problem started, I had about 2.5 gigs of space on the hard drive. In response to your suggestion, I opened it up to 3.1 gigs and tried it again, but still no luck. The same problem reoccurs.

Did your problem really go away?

Michael

Oh, yeah, but I was down to practically zero free space on my C drive... so you must be having a different issue. I have about .5 gig free now, and the game works fine.
          kmj

Comment

Working...
          X