Finally arrived

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Finally arrived

Yes, yesterday I finally received my LE.

Pre-rodered at amazon. complained that it was not sent. Received answer that they were busy with it and last friday it was finally sent. Copies of these mails can be found in this forum.

Last wednesday I again received an Amazon mail:
    Greetings from Amazon.com.

We are writing in regards to your order for the item referenced below:

"Civilization 3 Limited Edition Tin" (Item # B00005QB4E)

We are sorry to report that we will not be able to ship this item with your order.

Unfortunately, pending clarification of federal regulations now in place regarding the shipment of computer software products outside the U.S., we have temporarily discontinued shipping software titles overseas.

Therefore, we are unable to send you this item and have cancelled this item from your order. Furthermore, because you only pay for items when we ship them to you, your credit card will NOT BE CHARGED for this item.

Please accept our sincere apologies for any inconvenience this may cause. We value your business and hope that you will continue to shop with us at Amazon.com.

Sincerely,

Customer Service Department
    Amazon.com
    Free shipping on millions of items. Get the best of Shopping and Entertainment with Prime. Enjoy low prices and great deals on the largest selection of everyday essentials and other products, including fashion, home, beauty, electronics, Alexa Devices, sporting goods, toys, automotive, pets, baby, books, video games, musical instruments, office supplies, and more.

Earth's Biggest Selection
    Huh?

Not havign received anything, and being too busy, only Thursday I checked the website of DHL what was happening. Clearance delay already for a few days. Next time I make sure they have the correct telephone number, so that they can call me.
    So I phoned them, I had to pay 62 guilders taxes ($25), if I agreed they could send it on. Ok, so in the afternoon they came along. Unfortunately I still had a few meetings before I could go home and unpack the whole thing.

November 02, 2001 13:29 Wilmington, DE - USA Shipment picked up
    November 02, 2001 19:09 Wilmington, DE - USA Departing origin
    November 03, 2001 21:00 New York City-Gateway, NY - USA Transferred through New York City-Gateway, NY - USA
    November 04, 2001 15:35 Brussels - Belgium Transferred through Brussels - Belgium
    November 05, 2001 10:38 Amsterdam - Netherlands, The Clearance delay
    November 05, 2001 12:35 Amsterdam - Netherlands, The Clearance delay
    November 05, 2001 15:14 Amsterdam - Netherlands, The Clearance delay
    November 06, 2001 13:27 Amsterdam - Netherlands, The Clearance delay
    November 07, 2001 14:12 Amsterdam - Netherlands, The Clearance delay
    November 08, 2001 14:22 Amsterdam - Netherlands, The
    Clearance delay
    November 08, 2001 18:20 Amsterdam - Netherlands, The Clearance processing complete at Amsterdam - Netherlands, The
    November 08, 2001 18:22 Amsterdam - Netherlands, The Departed from DHL facility in Amsterdam - Netherlands, The
    November 09, 2001 04:27 Amsterdam - Netherlands, The Departed from DHL facility in Amsterdam - Netherlands, The
    November 09, 2001 07:32 Amsterdam - Netherlands, The Arrived at DHL facility
    November 09, 2001 07:39 Amsterdam - Netherlands, The Arrived at DHL facility
    November 09, 2001 11:25 Amsterdam - Netherlands, The With delivery courier
    November 09, 2001 12:14 Amsterdam - Netherlands, The Shipment delivered
    Is it worth it?
    Please read my comments in the other fora.
    I am going back to play the game ;-)

You are lucky...amazon haven't given me the option to track my order...it says it shipped on the 1st of November...haven't seen it since and it should have got here by now!

"This shipment does not have an associated tracking or delivery
    confirmation number." OH GREAT!

Last time I go through amazon...Expedited international shipping means they stuck it on an actual ship! will it get hi-jacked by refugees and taken to Australia...for all I know it already has been

Comment

Working...
    X