propaganda -- bug??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• propaganda -- bug??

Has anyone been able to perform a propaganda espionage mission?

I just finished my first game and throughout I had far and away the highest culture and assimilated cities left and right. I wanted to speed along the process so I put spies in every other civilization, but whenever I tried to target one of them for propaganda I got a message to the effect, "that civilization is immune to propaganda." This was true for every civilization from the time I got the spies til I won the game with a diplomatic victory around 2025.

This was one of the more annoying issues with the game -- besides of course the WinXP/Nvidia slow down, the broken precision bombing, the broken air superiority. . . I can't believe these slipped past quality control -- some of these bugs have been seemingly replicated by EVERYONE. . .the game was obviously not ready for release. . .

(don't get me wrong -- I still love it and have a hard time walking away)

Re: propaganda -- bug??

Originally posted by binarystatic
    Has anyone been able to perform a propaganda espionage mission?

I just finished my first game and throughout I had far and away the highest culture and assimilated cities left and right. I wanted to speed along the process so I put spies in every other civilization, but whenever I tried to target one of them for propaganda I got a message to the effect, "that civilization is immune to propaganda." This was true for every civilization from the time I got the spies til I won the game with a diplomatic victory around 2025.

This was one of the more annoying issues with the game -- besides of course the WinXP/Nvidia slow down, the broken precision bombing, the broken air superiority. . . I can't believe these slipped past quality control -- some of these bugs have been seemingly replicated by EVERYONE. . .the game was obviously not ready for release. . .

(don't get me wrong -- I still love it and have a hard time walking away)
    If a Civ is a Democracy then it is immune to Propaganda...
    'No room for human error, and really it's thousands of times safer than letting drivers do it. But the one in ten million has come up once again, and the the cause of the accident is sits, something in the silicon.' - The Gold Coast - Kim Stanley Robinson

'Feels just like I can take a thousand miles in my stride hey yey' - Oh, Baby - Rhianna

Comment

Considering I was miles ahead of every other civ (played the easiest diff level since it was my first CivIII game), it's hard to believe all other civs were democracies from the time I got my spies. . .though I guess it's possible. It's also surprising that all the other civs stayed democratic throughout, even during long drawn-out wars. . . This seems to limit propaganda's usefulness too much. Why should a democracy be immune to propaganda -- it seems the idea of free thought should allow for the invasion of other cultural influences. . .

Comment

i have the same problem: i (american/blue)have been trying to take a city from my neighbors the Aztecs/green, who have signifigantly less culture, they are a monarchy, i am a democracy, the city i want is size 5 and has no city improvements (acording to my diplomacy screen), i have tried EVERY turn i can afford it (well, usually i reload after i cannot get the city, being that it cost $700 or so) so i have tried it, failed, reloaded, gone to the next turn, tried it, failed, reloaded, gone to the following turn...etc for 15 ...yet i have STILL NOT been able to get this city. they have been happy, and annoyed with me throughout this time, but mostly happy, and allways in awe of my civ...i dont think the damn thing works either.

can someone maybe post the ration/percent of actually getting this to work?
        Attached Files

Comment

*sigh* well, i fell victom to the editor on this one...i jacked up the propaganda for each govt by 5, and increased teh "in awe of" culture probability by 5, too. maybe this will help. (heh, while i was there i added "remove corruption" to university, police station, and cathedral. that should help balance the game a little )

Comment

Working...
          X