My Civ impressions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My Civ impressions

I was hoping for the ultimate Civ. I can safely say it's no where near perfect. Overall, I feel they made lots of improvement and broke lots of things that worked.

These are my complaints. I didn't post my happiness with new game improvements.

(1)
    I'm still upset that the mid to late game becomes overwhlemingly difficult to manage. Waaay too many units to manage, and I refuse to let the AI ruin my game.

This was my biggest complaint with all the previous Civs and I was hoping they fixed it in Civ3. Controlling 200+ units every turn is way too much. They really shouldn't have workers as a game piece. They are far too difficult to micro manage. No, letting the AI control them is NOT an option.

I find that even playing on the smallest map size results in a game that gets out o control.

(2)
    Zone of control. Without it, the only way to prevent the enemy from flooding and pillaging your terrority with weak units is to completely surround your empire with fortresses. DUMB!

(3)
    No multiplay. I'm sorry, I don't enjoy playing vs the computer. It's NOT playing by the same rules I am and I find myself playing against what I know are it's weaknesses and exploitable tendencies. Borrring!

(4)
    Switching production to ANYTHING should impose a SEVERE cost. It doesn't make any sense. I'm 90% complete with armor and there's no penalty for switching to bombers? huh?

(5)
    The majority of my cities are suffering from major corruption and the Courthouse only "corrects" 1 corruption point? huh?

If the above items were "fixed" I'd love this game. I don't see any problem with ICS.
Working...
X