Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is anyone interested in starting a scenario site with me?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is anyone interested in starting a scenario site with me?

I am heavily considering creating a scenario site, where we would issue a new one each month. I decided upon this after surfing the net for good scenarios and finding some decent ones, and mostly crappy ones. There have been a few good ones, and I commend them, but the current scenarios we have for the Thirty Years War are horrible, no offense to the creator who I am sure worked very dilligently on it. I am starting this page with three Scenarios:

Thirty Year War 1618-1648: Centers around the European powerstruggle of the seventeenth cenury which involved the Hapsburg family which ruled most of Europe and the rise of protestant Germany, it is gonna be really cool.

The Russian Revolution: Strangley nobody has made a scenario which is of such importance, so I am making it.

And one I haven't decided upon yet, if anyone is interested in joining me I can make a really cool lookin site.

------------------
    "We shall defend our island, whatever the cost may be, we shall fight on the beaches, we shall fight on the landing grounds, we shall fight in the fields and in the streets, we shall fight in the hills; we shall never surrender."

-Winston Churchill

One Love.
    "Our cause is in the hands of fate. We can not guarantee success. But we can do something better; we can deserve it." -John Adams

One Love.

I can make good scenarios and I can make good websites... but to do both at the same time.... Now your asking for trouble. I have sooooo many half finished scenarios and even more cool ideas that I can never get anything done. Plus I program in Visual Basic and I have the same problem there too. Too many unfinished programs.

But my newest, coolest scenario idea is to have one city surrounded by a Wall (Like a mountain and have a VERY HIGH defensive bonus) so the units would be almost invincible. Then part of the wall collapes and the 3 rebel civs (and you control all 3) would have to try and take the city. The 3 civs wouldn't have any cities and would get units at random. Because this file would have to be a .sav file and would have to undergo some hex editing as well, good documentation is key. The thing is that I'm no go when it comes to graphics and I can't find anyone that will help me. If your any good at graphics I'll make the scenario and you make the pics. Only once have I gone to the trouble of changing all the terrain for the ocean. NEVER AGAIN!!! It was way to hard, and that is still one of my good idea scenarios that never got finished.

------------------
    "I'm too out of shape for a long fight so I'll have to kill you fast"
    "The best meat is in the rump!"
    I AM CANADIAN!
    CornEmpire Index
    My Civ 2 Scenario Page.
    I AM CANADIAN!
    Gamecatcher: Multiplayer Civ 2 Democracy Game
    CornEmpire Owner/Operator
    Grand Minister: Dominion of the Balance & CornEmpire Software

Comment

I could contribute a few scenarios that I've written to the site. The only catch is, my scenarios are written for the Mac version. If you'd like to create a Mac subsection for the site, or help me convert the scenarios to PC format, I'll help out.

My scenarios are a new WWI scenario, "European Empires" (about imperialism, 1880-1914), and a nifty alternate-history scenario about a second US Civil War during the 1930s.
      ----------------------------------------
      EchoPapa's scenarios are available at the ACS Mac Site
      and
      Visit the Institute for Naming Children Humanely at inch.stormpages.com

Comment

Hmm... I have a half-finished scenario that I might get around to finishing, if someone would be willing to help me with some graphics..... just a couple of units.... Any takers?
        *grumbles about work*

Comment

Working...
        X